Author Topic: good game shops in chicago area  (Read 401 times)

ElSeven

good game shops in chicago area
« on: October 20, 2005, 04:41:21 PM »
Anyone know of any good Video game shops in or around chicago? I would love to find an import shop as im getting into saturn imports lately.
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

Keranu

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 07:32:48 PM »
Sean Kelly's "Video Games Etc..." which is in Norridge, but I probably suggested this to you before on AIM or something ;) .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

KingDrool

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 02:28:52 AM »
Not sure about imports, but there's a store called "Escape" somewhere in Chicago that's a game/boutique kind of place.  I heard they were going to get into imports, but I'm not sure if they have yet.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 06:46:25 PM »
jlued686, are you from Chicago as well? If so, I know quite a few Turbo gamers in the Chicago area.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ElSeven

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 11:37:39 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
Sean Kelly's "Video Games Etc..." which is in Norridge, but I probably suggested this to you before on AIM or something ;) .

i just got back from there.  Yeah they had games for a lot of systems, few random imports, but unfortunatly they had nothing that was relaly 'hard to find'.

plus there were all these 10 year old brats in there ;p

this is a huge city, there has got to be atleast ONE good import shop.
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »
Was Sean Kelly working (the red haired, capped, Irishman)? He's an excellent person to talk to as I have said many times. Last time I was there, Sean Kelly wasn't working and some punk teenager was, so he had his damn punk friends with him and it kind of destroyed the visit, even though I still got some cool stuff.

KingDrool

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 05:33:39 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
jlued686, are you from Chicago as well? If so, I know quite a few Turbo gamers in the Chicago area.

No, I'm actually from Minneapolis.  I just knew about that store because I work at the Best Buy HQ and Best Buy owns that store.  From what I've seen of Escape, it looks like a cool store with a lot of potential.  I guess you can rent out their gaming room with HD TVs and surround sound.  They also have a little "bar" kind of thing in there as well.  From what they said in a presentation I saw, they're planning on getting into imports and some old schools stuff as well.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!