Author Topic: Gauging interest for a group buy for Neo Flash Cart  (Read 5495 times)

Flare65

Re: Gauging interest for a group buy for Neo Flash Cart
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 04:39:42 PM »
I'm stil a bit confused as to what this thing actually does.  Does it come with any games on it?

mlbfan10

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 04:42:29 PM »
Is there a discount for doing a group buy? :p

Sadler

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 04:46:35 PM »
Think of it as a USB flash drive for your pc engine. It allows you to load up whatever hucard data you'd like to it and then you can select which to play from a menu on your console.

EDIT: To be clear, this isn't simply a piracy device. It's sort of like an R4 for a DS. You can load whatever you want onto it. This means homebrews like and fan translations like Bubblegum Crash.

It isn't going to expand the hardware capabilities of the machine you are running on. Don't expect to load CD ISOs on here and play them on your Express. That said there are lots of reasons to want one.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 04:56:22 PM by Sadler »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 02:24:33 AM »
From browsing this thread I'm inclined to think it only supports saves on ROMs that originally had a battery back up. Populous is the only one I know for sure had that, though there may have been others.

Tennokoe Bank is the only huey that saves internally, making the save function pretty much useless.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

genetik

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 02:37:11 AM »
Tennokoe Bank is the only huey that saves internally, making the save function pretty much useless.

Well if the internal save function is pretty much unused, I say that we either go for the 64M or the battery-less 128M. The battery-less 128M would cost $104 plus shipping from the buyer's home to us as opposed $74 for the 64M one.

I'm stil a bit confused as to what this thing actually does.  Does it come with any games on it?

Doesn't come with any games. You load whatever you want using the usb linker.

Is there a discount for doing a group buy? :p

Yes, some discount. In a group, the 64M is $74 (plus shipping) as opposed to $99 (free shipping for only one cart). The battery-less 128M is $104 (plus shipping) as opposed to $129 (again, free shipping for only one cart).

We're saving about $20 per cart (we have to pay for the 2nd shipping as well). Since I’m located in Canada, I would get hit with a higher shipping cost. Maybe $8-9...I’m wondering if it’s worth it to save $15-18. The only thing that worries me is what if some of them that are DOA. Would we have to get it exchange using the original buyer?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 02:50:30 AM by genetik »
"When a madman appears thoroughly sane, indeed, it is high time to put him in a strait-jacket."
Edgar A. Poe

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 02:42:24 AM »
Even the 128M isn't going to hold a ton of games, so this will hardly replace your binder of hu's when you travel. :D
I'm no expert on the flash cart in discussion, but I have the 32mb Tototek and it holds 5-6 Hu ROMS on a good day. I bought it mainly to run Magical Chase and the Caravan shooters. You are right, it's not gonna replace anyones collection but it is neat to be able to run some rares or try out some Hu's you may never had the opportunity to.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

genetik

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 03:00:02 AM »
In preparation for getting the card, I tried to make a quick list of what I could fit on the 128 and the 64. I managed to get about 31 games to fit on the 128 (15.5MB worth of roms) and about 15 games on the 64 (7.7MB worth of roms). The 128 one would fit just about all the games I really want, but it's definitely much harder to do a selection for the 64.
"When a madman appears thoroughly sane, indeed, it is high time to put him in a strait-jacket."
Edgar A. Poe

incrediblehark

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 03:40:37 AM »
I would like the bigger one personally but will go with whatever the majority wants.

genetik, if you want I can get your card and mail it to you. We've had some transactions in the past (just bought your everdrive) and if it would save you shipping I would be happy to help out.

genetik

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 04:18:05 AM »
genetik, if you want I can get your card and mail it to you. We've had some transactions in the past (just bought your everdrive) and if it would save you shipping I would be happy to help out.

I don't mind, but I don't see how it would lower the shipping cost. Yes, the shipping for the 2nd card to you would be free (since it tags along yours), but I would still need to shell out the $8-9 from you to me. Plus the extra shipping time.

Ideally, the person ordering the lot should be a trusted member of the forum and be located where the bulk of the other buyers are located, which is most likely the US. That person gets a small discount of not paying for the 2nd shipping (also gets the cart first), but will have to pack the other 9 carts and send them.
Edgar A. Poe

henrycsc

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 09:33:52 AM »
I'd be interested as well.  Either way.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

xelement5x

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 10:08:09 AM »
I'm also interested as well, I'm in the US too.

Someone brought up the matter of dead on arrival goods and I also think that it's something that would want to be tested for once we got them if it's a common occurrence with these carts.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

HercTNT

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 11:36:49 AM »
dumb question, but does the flash linker come with it as well? I would imagine it would or you could not do much with it right?

Deletion

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 12:31:38 PM »
Does anyone know the status of the Turbo EverDrive? Is Krikzz developing it and planning a release for later this year? That would have a strong bearing on whether I get in on this group buy or not.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 02:40:01 PM »
I would be interested but I have a feeling that it would either be DOA or such a pain in the ass to use that I'd just be paying $100 to be pissed off at something.

nat

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 05:03:33 PM »
Have we determined that some of these 128M carts are actually DOA and not just suffering from the works-on-some-consoles-but-not-others-because-of-shoddy-power syndrome?

I mean, conceivably someone with only one console who received one of these and had it not work might immediately think the thing was DOA when it fact it just suffers from the same affliction that all of them do.

Which really, is a problem with the consoles themselves and not the carts.