Author Topic: Gauging interest for a group buy for Neo Flash Cart  (Read 5497 times)

Mishran

Gauging interest for a group buy for Neo Flash Cart
« on: February 02, 2012, 05:53:40 AM »
***FINAL UPDATE ***

All carts have been shipped to their respective owners which brings this group buy to a close. A final thank you to all participant for making this possible.

Price per flash cart is $69.00. Shipping to my home is $56.00 or 3.50 per flash cart. I am currently planning USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Boxes for domestic shipments as it is an easy, fast, and affordable method.
International orders: After conversing with my local post office, I have decided to go with actual shipping cost since it will be cheaper in most cases than the flat rate box.

Here is the updated list of participants so far as well as their current status. I will keep this list updated, so keep an eye on it. :D

Mishran (Me) - Cart test: passed
genetik - shipped!
Sadler - shipped!
incrediblehark - shipped!
HercTNT - shipped!
Senshi - shipped!
henrycsc - shipped!
xelement5x - shipped!
Duo_R - shipped!
Sparky - shipped!
neoxeno - shipped!
esteban - shipped!
Terminarcade - shipped!
emartin373 - shipped!
mrhaboobi - shipped!
kiketonto - shipped!
c0ldb33r - shipped!
christoph - shipped!
Gogan - shipped!
tiptopjames - shipped!
[extra] - returned to IC2005 for exchange

I have stepped forward and am willing to take care of the order, purchase, and shipping (once received) of the Neo Flash carts. If anyone else wishes to take charge, please speak now or forever hold your peace. If you do not feel me trust worthy enough for this task, then please do not participate in the group buy.

I do not wish to be stuck with multiples of the cart and a severe hole in my wallet, so I must ask for half the cost of the units up front to prevent folks from backing out after the order has been made. If you do not like such an idea, then please state so now and your name will be removed from the list.

The cut-off date as been pushed back to the 21st, which will act as the last day to pay half (or all if you choose) the cost of your unit. If anyone else is interested in one, now is the time to act.

I will update the above list with new additions as well as votes as I receive them.

Stay tuned for more info and thanks in advance to everyone who is participating. :clap:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:37:44 AM by Mishran »

genetik

Re: Gauging interest for a group buy for Neo Flash Cart
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 06:43:16 AM »
I'm definitely interested. Although I would prefer the 128M model, I could settle for a 64M if that's what everyone else agrees on.
"When a madman appears thoroughly sane, indeed, it is high time to put him in a strait-jacket."
Edgar A. Poe

Sadler

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 07:06:00 AM »
Count me in. Tried to order one last year, required signature, never got notice and they sent it back to Japan. :(

mlbfan10

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 07:20:11 AM »
What is this exactly?

genetik

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 07:30:50 AM »
"When a madman appears thoroughly sane, indeed, it is high time to put him in a strait-jacket."
Edgar A. Poe

incrediblehark

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:52:55 AM »
I completely forgot about this! I was on board for the group buy back then, and still in for one now. personally the bigger storage the better, but I'm willing to compromise and go with the majority if it means saving a few bucks with the group buy.

Just replied to this in the old thread.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 09:08:57 AM »
hmm..  Hell, why not.  Perfect way to play those translated roms.  :)  Yeah, I am down for one. 

Mishran

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 10:11:20 AM »
With all the problems I heard about the 128M cart, I'd prefer to go the safe road with the 64M cart. But it depends on what everyone agrees on. Perhaps we need a poll with this thread. :-k

EDIT: How do I even add one? :-s
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:16:16 AM by Mishran »

HercTNT

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 02:04:11 PM »
I'm interested in a 64 meg cart as well, what is the projected cost on a group buy?

Senshi

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 02:12:47 PM »
With all the problems I heard about the 128M cart, I'd prefer to go the safe road with the 64M cart. But it depends on what everyone agrees on. Perhaps we need a poll with this thread. :-k

EDIT: How do I even add one? :-s

What problems? I'd rather have the larger cart but not with a bunch of problems. I've never heard anything bad about these. I'm in regardless.

Edit: must have the save option
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:33:33 PM by Senshi »
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

genetik

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 02:17:56 PM »
I'm interested in a 64 meg cart as well, what is the projected cost on a group buy?

For the 64M, it would be $74 per person (if we get at least 10 persons) + cost of shipping from the person that orders to your house. The 128M one would cost $114 plus shipping.
Edgar A. Poe

Sadler

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 02:18:23 PM »
I'd prefer the 128M cart with save option, but I'll take anything you guys decide on. :D

HercTNT

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 02:23:33 PM »
right, i forgot about the save option. that would be great for those of us that have gt's.  We should take a vote though.

Mishran

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 03:30:27 PM »
I'm unsure of what the save feature actually does? Does it work like the internal BRAM of the booster+ and turbo cd systems? Don't see how it would work like that.

Sadler

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 04:03:31 PM »
Hmm, actually that's a damn fine question. From browsing this thread I'm inclined to think it only supports saves on ROMs that originally had a battery back up. Populous is the only one I know for sure had that, though there may have been others. If that's the case I care far less about the save feature. Also note that 128M is megabits, not bytes. SF2 is 20 megabits, I think several of the later releases (Bonk 3, Magical Chase) were 8 mega bits. Even the 128M isn't going to hold a ton of games, so this will hardly replace your binder of hu's when you travel. :D

I guess all that is to say I'm still down with whatever you guys choose, but I'm marginally less motivated to pursue the 128M + save unless someone can convince me the cart actually replicates the backup memory of the booster plus/CD/Duo.