Author Topic: My entire laserdisc collection so far ! ! !  (Read 447 times)

Michael Helgeson

My entire laserdisc collection so far ! ! !
« on: October 30, 2005, 01:47:54 PM »
Forgive any misspelling,as its hard to look at them and type at the same time without removing them from a shelf.Note: Alot of my titles may not be listed as letterbox on here but are.I did a general glance of the side of each and typed what I saw as fast as I could,so I may have left soem details out,liek THX,remastered,letterbox edition ect...
Enjoy and let me know if any of you are wishing to see pics of anything,maybe I can do soemthing on photobucket if there is a rare flik I have you want to see the cover to.
Laserdisc collection:
Once upon a time in the west
The Rock
Hardware 2 copies
Indipendence Day THX gatefold jacket with holo card
12 Monkeys,2 copies,one new sealed
Once upon a time in America
The Right Stuff
Phantasm special edition
Phantasm 2
Phantasm 3
Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
Raging Bull special edition
Point Blank letterbox edition
Road House
Time Bandits letterbox edition
Scarface letterbox nedition
Heat
2001 letterbox edition
Apocalypse Now remastered edition
apollo 13 signature edition
Blue Velvet full screen
Blue Velvet widescreen
Point Blank
Days of Thunder THX
Excess baggage
The Portrait of a Lady
Braveheart THX
Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
Life Pod
Blade Runner Dir. cut
Dawn of the Dead dir. cut letterboxed edition.
The Crow THX
Full Metal Jacket
Kishen Corps 1-4
Assualton Precent 13 special edition
Escape from New York
Escape from LA THX
Evil Dead 2 full screen first print
Evil Dead 2 letterbox edition
Ricochet
Twister CAV THX
Armatage 1-4
Armatage the third the movie
Dr.Giggles
Tetsuo the iron man
The Puppet Masters
Star Trek Generations
Star Trek First Contact
The Road Warrior
Ed Wood
Raped by a angel import china
Leaving Las Vegas
New Jack City
Die Hard 1
Die Hard 2
Backdraft
Even Horizon
Mission Impossible
Robocop fullscreen
Robocop Criterian edition CAV 2 disc set
Roboicop 2
IT
From Dusk till Dawn special edition
Top Gun THX
Alein,full screen,boxset,and THX versions.
aliens,fullscreen, 3 copies of the boxset dir cut,and THX edition
Alien 3 widescreen
alien resurection
Army of Darkness 2 copies
Panther
Clueless
Quiz Show
Get Shorty
Crimson Tide
Hunt for Red October
Nightmare before Christmas
JFK
Scream Dir. cut
Forrest Gump Delux edition
Genocyber 1-3
Lady hawk letterbox edition
Freejack
Conan the barbraian letterbox edition
Lifeforce uncut letterbox
Henry Portrait of a serial killer
The Rocketeer
La Femme Nakita
Virtuosity
Youre under arrest 1-2
Lone Wolf and Cub baby cart in the river styx
Natural Born Killers
Nick of Time
Big trouble in Little China
Childs Play 2
Childs Play 3
Tank Girl
Pet Semetary 2
ferocious Female Fredom Fighters
The Terminator THX
T2 Special edition
T2 Special edition black box set with gold front
Outlanders import japan
A Clockwork Orange japanese release with gatefold jacket
Highlander 10th Anaversary dir cut.
Konami Salamander anime import japan
Life of Brian
Reeovour Dogs
Ghost in the Shell CAV
Ghost in the shell CLV
Platoon Pioneer special edition bookset
Se7en Criterian edition
Tron Boxset edition
Snow White
Jurassic Park THX Cav boxset
Cliffhanger CAV special edition
Giant Monster Gamera Synapse letterbox edition japanese audion remaster gold disc edition
Movies I won and paid for waiting to arrive from ebay sellers:
Escape from New York letterbox edition
Zombie remastered
Scanners remastered
Killer Clowns from Outter Space
Ministry:Just incase you didnt feel like showing up 1990 tour LD
Fantasia
Mark Twain and Me.
Laserdisc players I own as of now in my hands: also to be noted,any player with a comb filter has s-video output.
Panasonic LX-200 dual side player,with comb filter,with very sharp picture quality,gold plated jacks.Looks near new,rock solid player,also looks very cool,one of my best looking players design wise.
Panasonic LX-120 single side player with comb filter and MASH audio
RCA LDR-600 dual side player with 16:9 enhance and comb filter
Sony MDP-605 dual side player,top of the line,mint looking,but needs service.Will cost around 300 bucks,so I will do it soon.Player has sharpness control,comb filter,and 51 db noise reduction in picture. Equal to about any Pioneer Elite Player.Must get repaired.....
Pioneer CLD-D 504. Awesome player. 50db noise reduction,AC3 audio,dual side player with comb filter.Smokes all my other players other then my Sony.Also has Karoke feature that I will never use.
Pioneer CLD-D 301. 2 players. One perfect working near mint,other was DOA from crappy seller.Other had damage to disc changer,plastic peice broken.Will use for spare parts if other dies.Easy fix. This player has 5 disc cd changer feature and Surround audio feature very much like Q-Sound.
Pioneer LDV 2200 industrial player.Anologe audio only,can be used in Dragons Lair type arcade cabs too.
Pioneer LD-V6000 A. Heavy duty industrial player.Built like  a tank,about all metal parts,used in military sims,designed to take heavy shock and keep on playing.
Pioneer Cld-V 2800. Awesome industrial deck.Slim line,with headphone jack,2 rca video outs,and dual audio outs.Deck is small,and cute,looks liek a japanese game system of soem type.
Players I am waiting for to arrive I have won off of ebay.
Pioneer CLD-S201 single side player.
Magnovox WRV 100 single side player.
This is my collection as it stands.I add more weekly.
Thought you guys would like a peek at my list as we have been talking on soem post here about soem pretty cool movies as of late.Was thinking it would be cool to post my list of movies here.
Let me know what you think!!!

TJ

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 02:28:50 PM »
Nice collection! I've got a smallish (around 60-70 titles) collection of laserdiscs myself. I got into LD around '95 or so, and started off with a Magnavox player that came from a local clinic that my sister worked at, which was used for training videos or news videos or something. They weren't using it so I got to "borrow" it and never gave it back ;P I don't remember the model number, but I didn't have a remote and it only played digital audio, no analog, so dual-track audio discs were useless to me at the time.

Later, around '99, when I started putting together my surround/home theater system, I bought my current unit, the Pioneer LDV-909 combination laserdisc/DVD player. The thing is a frickin' tank, and it cost me a grand. And even after all that, I still had to purchase an RF demodulator to decode AC3/Dolby Digital laserdisc sound. But I love the player, other than the fact that being an older unit now, I do come across some DVDs that have menus which don't quite display properly, or at all. But it's not a big deal.

Anyway, here's my laserdisc collection...unless otherwise noted, all the movies that are supposed to be widescreen are the widescreen editions:

Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition box set (this was the only way to watch the SW trilogy in Dolby Digital from '97 until the DVD set came out, and there weren't many of them made!)
Empire Strikes Back (THX edition)
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Godzilla vs Destroyah (Japanese import)
Mystery Science Theater 3000 - The Movie
King Kong (Criterion CLV edition)
Ghostbusters (Criterion)
Sanjuro (Criterion)
Taxi Driver (Criterion)
Goodfellas
Braveheart
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Terminator 2
Event Horizon
Evil Dead 2 (not the original red disc unfortunately)
Blue Velvet (fullscreen)
Lord of Illusions
Thunderball
The Maltese Falcon
X-Files Movie
Jurassic Park (CAV box set)
Sneakers
Jaws
The Usual Suspects
The Wild Bunch Director's Cut
The Omen
Batman
Nightmare on Elm Street
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Fantasia
Kiss: Animalize Live Uncensored
The Black Sheep Affair (HK import)

Anime LDs:
9 of the Dragon Ball Z movies (JP imports)
Villgust vol. 1 (JP import)
Here is Greenwood vols. 1-3
Urusei Yatsura Movie 1: Only You
Gunsmith Cats vol. 1
Golden Boy vol. 1
Crusher Joe - the Movie
Crusher Joe - the OAVs
Arcadia of My Youth
Vampire Princess Miyu Hybrid vols. 1 & 2
You're Under Arrest vol. 2
Twilight of the Cockroaches
Gall Force 2

...I think that's it! I don't buy too many LDs anymore now that so much is out on DVD, but I would still buy some more Japanese Godzilla or anime LDs if I found them, since laserdiscs aren't region-encoded. I still like the format!

Keranu

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 02:35:45 PM »
Nice collections! I am going to start buying laser disc stuff soon, it's a great media.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 03:45:56 PM »
I'm too lazy to list my LD's, but suffice it to say I have tons of bargain bin movies (i.e. bad films with Christopher Lambert / Mario Van Peebles in them) since the local stores were giving these away for a few bucks in the early 90's.

I also have tons of music stuff (i.e. much David Bowie, because he had tons of stuff on LD), because it was so easy to skip to the video you wanted to see and it sounded so much nicer than VHS... though I still bought tons of VHS tapes as well.
  |    | 

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 03:46:04 PM »
All LD players play anolog audio,But on "newer" as in 88 on up digital audio disc,on a player that can play both,digital and anolog,the player will play digital first unless you tell it to specifically play the anolog track.
Also,when I said dual side,I meant both side play on those players I own.This means player can play both sides without flipping a disc.figured I should explain this since Im sure there is alot of you on here who dont know anything about LD technoligy.
Glad to see others on here who collect.
Anyone else? ? ?

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 04:07:05 PM »
I think my collection nears 140 LDs.Im pretty picky,I have to like the movie to keep it.I weeded out alot of LDs from this collection over the past 3 years,getting rid of stuff like Back to the Future 1-3,Lion King boxset,and so on.Stuff I just didnt like.I got my friend into them,but he has no where near the collection I have,but he does have a nice set,around 40 I think.Stuff like Delamorte Delamore AKA Cemetary man,Detanator Organ,NBK boxset, 12 Monkeys boxset,and the import ld of Lost Highway.I lethim get the Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition Box set fromme.I just no longer enjoyed having it around.I love watching them here and there,but im not a huge SW fan.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 04:19:12 PM »
BTW,The red disc of Evil dead 2,they stopped making it because it had problems being played back on alot of players.Be glad you dont have it.
This is why they started using clear plastic on it.