Author Topic: FC Twin boxed for trade/sale  (Read 307 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
FC Twin boxed for trade/sale
« on: March 02, 2012, 09:12:51 AM »
This is a black FC Twin Yobo thing.

I busted the tabs off of it to play SFC games already.

It works fine but I don't need it.  I have the box and power cable.

I don't have the controllers.  They f*cking sucked so I threw them out.  One didn't even work.

Just use SNES controllers.

30$!  Or trade me stuff I do need.

or offer me money. 
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Frank_fjs

Re: FC Twin boxed for trade/sale
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »
Thought you had a Sharp Twin Fami for sale, bummer.

guyjin

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 02:36:53 AM »

:lol: why would a pirate console try to implement region lockouts?
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 02:43:51 AM »

:lol: why would a pirate console try to implement region lockouts?

It's not a region lockout.. its just plastic tabs to fit the grooves of a SNES cartridge, lol.  They just mimicked the design of a SNES.

nat

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 06:55:57 PM »
I've always wondered, how is the "emulation" of the actual consoles (NES & SNES) with one of these things? Are there any funky noticeable differences or artifacts while playing? How does audio sound compared to the real deal?

I do all my NES gaming on a NEX since it's super-reliable, bumping/moving the console while it's on doesn't cause your game to glitch out and crash, it has slots for both U.S. and JP carts, and you never have to deal with reseating the cartridge 8,378 times to avoid the blink syndrome. Plus, it uses actual NES controllers. (It also has built-in wireless controller support, but I've never tried it.) Games appear and sound almost identical to a "real" NES, but there are a small handful of games that it won't run for whatever reason. The only game I own that it won't run is Pipe Dream. In some games some of the color shades are a little different from a standard NES, but I created a color balance preset on my TV to account for the difference. I bought the thing when it first came out, and I couldn't be happier. I remember the research I did at the time basically boiled down to the NEX being far and away the best option, but I can't recall if the FC Twin was available yet.

grahf

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 12:16:32 AM »
The NES portion is about on par with the typical glob top famiclones out there. The SNES portion is quite accurate.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 01:49:20 AM »
This thing is fine.  I did side by sides of it with a real NES, and you can't really hear any audio differences.

Jackass selfproclaimed audiophile expert nimrods will beg to differ, but they're retards.

I guess some of the yobo's lack parts of the audio circuit that result in the NES sounding like complete ass.

This one doesn't have that issue, and I even took pictures at one point and sent them to some people on a forum like 3 years ago.  They said "oh thats neat" and seemed to think it was pretty solid for the price. 

Even the thick as f*ck drum samples in Skate or Die 2 sounded great. Only downside is you can't play Castlevania III on it , and I think StarFox

because of some special chip jive.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 05:19:23 AM »
I do all my NES gaming on a NEX since it's super-reliable, bumping/moving the console while it's on doesn't cause your game to glitch out and crash

A simple fix for the Nes to prevent that kinda crap is just to either replace the pin connector, or remove it and raise the pins out some with a thumb tack or flathead screwdriver for eye glasses. After that as long as you keep the carts clean games should fire up on first try, and you usually don't have to even push the carts down after inserting them anymore. Anyway, I wanted to ask, do the Yobo and Nex units run the Color Dreams carts? I have the funniest game from them, RoboDemons. I'd highly recommend a play through of that one for a few laughs if you can get the cart cheap and the clone decks can run it.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 05:52:35 AM »
Yeah, I played Captain Comic on this f*cker before.

Robodemons was awesome.  I liked almost all the color dreams games.  For unlicensed "crap" most of it was pretty good.  Even Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu.

Most of the stuff didnt get really bagged on til AVGN said to.