Author Topic: "Traditional" Fighter on PC-FX  (Read 790 times)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Re: "Traditional" Fighter on PC-FX
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 01:47:21 PM »
I love how fluid the characters look!!  How, I will keep this video around for when I want to show people what the PCFX was capable of. 

Great find!

Ganelon

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 02:15:59 PM »
Yeah, HuneX Fighter '98 was mentioned on this very forum a few years back, and elsewhere before that. But this stuff is always hard to find unless you know what you're looking for. I'm not sure this minigame is worth buying the full game for, but it's definitely worth a look for PC-FX fans on what could have been. It's a shame that the PlayStation forced the glory days of 2D sprites to disappear so quickly.

Anyway, don't go paying crazy prices for First Kiss Monogatari. Despite being the last PC-FX game released, the game isn't in demand at all, even in Japan. $10-20 is normal. Note that the PS port and all the other versions don't have the fighting minigame included. However, there was a trio of First Kiss Monogatari accessory software released for PC and the last one contains HuneX Fighter '98 ver.2. From what I can tell, that version looks just like the original with the same 3 characters except with more special effects. I've never bothered getting the PC version but it's also readily available for cheap.

grimm

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 02:09:50 PM »
I dont know the first thing about the actual game, but the fighter mini game looks really nice. Good animations, nice colours and i certainly wouldnt mind having seen a "full game" version of it, as i like 2d fighters.