Author Topic: Help with PC Engine Duo... cant read japanese  (Read 145 times)

tpivette

Help with PC Engine Duo... cant read japanese
« on: April 28, 2012, 02:10:16 PM »
So I purchased a PC Engine Duo a few months ago and am starting to play some cool Super CD games that I could never afford when I was a kid. However, after saving maybe 2 different games, the system is saying there is no more save memory availible. Apparently, the unit was loaded pretty full of save files and I need to delete all of them (with the exception of the few I saved). Unfortunately, I cant read japanese, and the menus are all written in that language. Can anyone walk me through the procedure as the prompts appear so I can begin deleting the old save files and make room for my new saves?

Thanks in advance
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

romanoaj

Re: Help with PC Engine Duo... cant read japanese
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 03:12:13 PM »
On the start screen when it asks you to press "run" to start, hit "select" instead.
I attached a pic of the menu below. 

Choose the first option.  You should see a list of saves there.  If you don't recognize the title (you may need to compare the Japanese text to that on the covers of the game case), then delete it.  I haven't done this in a while so I don't remember if you have to confirm 'yes' of 'no' for each.  Just in case はい = yes いいえ = no.  

Cheers.  Hope this helps.  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 03:16:37 PM by romanoaj »

tpivette

Re: Help with PC Engine Duo... cant read japanese
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 06:43:16 AM »
sweet, thats what I was looking for. Thanks!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate