Author Topic: Any potential issues mixing video modified consoles with CD-ROMs?  (Read 188 times)

Black Tiger

If a white PCE/CoreGrafx/SuperGrafx has s-video and maybe stereo out mods, aside from potential physical barriers due to the position of the added jacks, will they output proper s-video when combined with either a briefcase or Super CD-ROM?

If they have stereo out mods, if they were performed in a fairly standard way, will the mixed audio come out normal from the CD-ROM?

I'm assuming it should be fine. Are there any other potential issues?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

GohanX

Re: Any potential issues mixing video modified consoles with CD-ROMs?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 07:52:43 AM »
I don't have a Japanese setup, but on my TG16 CD setup I have the system AV modified and region chipped, and the CD Dock RGB modified. The only issue is that CD audio will not come out of the TG16's audio jacks, but everything is good on the CD Dock's jacks.

So in your theoretical setup, I would imagine Svideo out from the PCE would be fine, but you'd have to use the IFU's audio jacks.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:54:19 AM by JKM »

ApolloBoy

Re: Any potential issues mixing video modified consoles with CD-ROMs?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 08:40:26 AM »
It should be fine, you can still use RF from a PCE hooked up to a briefcase so I'd imagine S-video would be the same deal.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"