Author Topic: Thanksgiving Day: Xbox 360 eBay auctions  (Read 470 times)

esteban

Thanksgiving Day: Xbox 360 eBay auctions
« on: November 30, 2005, 09:03:35 PM »
I forgot to mention this: On Thanksgiving day, my friends were watching ebay auctions for Xbox 360 and I was calling the final stretch of the"races" as an announcer would at a racetrack.

I called two auctions before getting bored. Both ended at $962 for the $400 model.

Has this insanity subsided?

Had I anticipated this lunacy, I would have tried to get a 360 simply to re-sell it on ebay. I know that's evil, and I would be stooping to Bullseye's lofty business practices. Ahhhhhhhh! Bad karma.
  |    | 

GUTS

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 09:16:37 AM »
Its gone down a little, but you can still easily double your money for a premium system.  It's funny because I think at one point there were 1/4 of the systems actually shipped to retailers up on ebay, haha.  I don't see it as evil reselling them, I mean hell they're going to be everywhere after christmas so it's not anybody's fault but crazy people with no patience willing to pay those stupid prices.  I mean jesus, it's barely a month and a half until you can walk into a store and buy them, what the hell is wrong with these people paying $800-$1000 for a $400 system?  Do they really think they'll get an extra $400 worth of fun out of it in the next 30 days?  Crazy.

Keranu

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 11:51:05 AM »
Hell I'd resell the systems.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

KingDrool

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 02:15:18 PM »
Wait a minute, wait a minute...guys...aren't we the people who spend upwards of $200 on Turbografx games?   :lol:

Just kidding.  I just wanted to be a smart ass.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

TR0N

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 05:10:28 PM »
Quote from: "jlued686"
Wait a minute, wait a minute...guys...aren't we the people who spend upwards of $200 on Turbografx games?   :lol:

Just kidding.  I just wanted to be a smart ass.

:lol:  :lol:
You forgot to mention all those, NeoGeo AES owners out there :wink:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 12:57:05 AM »
Lol,Ill never do the AES dance again.I play games to have fun,not to starve and go out poorly dressed in winter.
My friend who owns a couple of game stores place a couple of X-Box 360s up for sale,one he was at one point asking 8000 bucks,stating he would hand deliver it on XMas in a santa costume,and donate 60 percent of the end bid to whatever charity the winner chooses.It was so lame.Ebay trew ou tthe auction stating he violated a policy.I have not checked to see if he relisted it.Usually when he does dum ass things,which is often,I avoid him like the plauge as to keep my ebay account clean,and I avoid his house,dont answer the phone,ect...just let my other friend quoth deal with him.There is not too many game sellers on ebay from Arkansas,so he just makes it worse for the rest of us when he does something stupid like this.
People tend to see these auctions and remember that the seller was from Arkansas,and like a Nigerian scammer,and it carries a stigma of sorts affecting the rest of us.After all,I dont know anyone anywhere who will sell to someone in Nigeria anymore.

esteban

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 04:51:34 AM »
Quote from: "Michael Helgeson"
People tend to see these auctions and remember that the seller was from Arkansas,and like a Nigerian scammer,and it carries a stigma of sorts affecting the rest of us.After all,I dont know anyone anywhere who will sell to someone in Nigeria anymore.
Hahahaha. That's so true. If you have a really good/bad experience with someone who lives in a place you're unfamiliar with, you tend to associate (generalize) that  experience with an entire city, state, country :)

Arkansas, the Dakotas, Missouri, Missisippi ... people actually live these places? No way. I think I actually drove through Arkansas, though.
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 02:31:48 PM »
Quote from: "Michael Helgeson"
Lol,Ill never do the AES dance again.I play games to have fun,not to starve and go out poorly dressed in winter.

Haha, excellent way of putting it.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).