Author Topic: [CLOSED] Raffle: Saturn plus games  (Read 1389 times)

Bernie

• Facebook URL
[CLOSED] Raffle: Saturn plus games
« on: June 01, 2012, 12:00:07 AM »
I have a working Sega Saturn, with all hook-ups, plus several games I am going to raffle.  All the games are loose with manual, and most have scuffing but appear to play with no issues.  This was something I bought in a lot, and just cant get into it.  Rather focus my attention on the Turbo for now.  Anyway..  the system has recently had a new battery installed and works just fine.  I will post pics sometimes this weekend.  If you are interested, just sign up.  No rules, just a freebie.  Only thing I ask is that the winner pays shipping, once I have shipped and know what the cost is.  
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 05:42:32 AM by Bernie »

soop

Re: Raffle: Saturn plus games
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 12:11:12 AM »
No way! That's awesome, sign me up!

The Saturn is one of the few systems I've never owned, but some of the 2D fighters and Japanese shooters I've seen have piqued my curiosity.  Probably cost me a bomb in shipping but whatever!

turbokon

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 12:33:32 AM »
I'm actually been thinking about a Saturn so sign me up please.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Father5&JoshUnion

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:51:46 AM »
O_O holy sundown Bernie!! Color me interested! Sign me up please.

How come you couldn't get into it?

futureman2000

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 01:47:02 AM »
I have a Saturn, so I'm passing- but kudos on another awesome raffle!
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 01:56:15 AM »

Nothing wrong with the system, just didnt want to spend more monies on games for this, when I am mainly focusing on the Turbo.  :)  So, rather than have it sit in my closet, I figured I would let someone have it that will use it.   :mrgreen:

Frank_fjs

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 02:09:58 AM »
I don't wish to enter the raffle but wanted to praise you for your generosity. It's people like you that help keep retro collecting fun.

soop

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 02:51:54 AM »
I just had a thought; because I'm in the UK, I think I'd need a step-down converter to use a foreign Saturn over here, so with the shipping, it's probably not such a good deal for me.  I withdraw my entry, and substitute +2 turbo(saturn?)karma.

Nando

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 03:07:50 AM »
sweet!
Count me in please!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 03:52:15 AM »
Count me out, but help yourself to a fistful of TurbobKarma for being so generous.  :D
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Duo_R

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 04:07:53 AM »
Count me in for this one! Awesome raffle!
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Lilgrafx

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 07:23:46 AM »

Nothing wrong with the system, just didnt want to spend more monies on games for this, when I am mainly focusing on the Turbo.  :)  So, rather than have it sit in my closet, I figured I would let someone have it that will use it.   :mrgreen:

Any US saturn game worth playing cost $$$ , my bro sold his for the same reason. Besides who needs SEGA shit when you've got a Turbo

roflmao

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 07:38:58 AM »
Galactic Attack. Cheap and awesome US shmup.  And Virtua Cop is pretty common and fun to play.  Generally, though, you're right.  Far too many crummy games for the system.  And most of the really good games go for far too much.

Having said that, Dragonforce is freaking awesome and I haven't found a similar game on any other system.  However, I don't know if  I'd pick it up at today's prices.  Same goes for Saturn Bomberman.  Luckily I picked those up bitd.

city41

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 07:44:14 AM »
Far too many crummy games for the system.  And most of the really good games go for far too much.

On the other hand, the system has oodles of fantastic games over in Japan. Japanese Saturn games have gotten pretty darn cheap, and modding a US system to play Japanese games is pretty simple.

EDIT: a quick browsing of ebay suggests the popular Japanese Saturn games are as expensive as ever. So hmmmm, yeah, Saturn's a tough call.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:46:11 AM by city41 »

Ji-L87

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 08:50:20 AM »
Far too many crummy games for the system.  And most of the really good games go for far too much.

On the other hand, the system has oodles of fantastic games over in Japan. Japanese Saturn games have gotten pretty darn cheap, and modding a US system to play Japanese games is pretty simple.

EDIT: a quick browsing of ebay suggests the popular Japanese Saturn games are as expensive as ever. So hmmmm, yeah, Saturn's a tough call.

I have no idea about the pricing on US Saturn games but you can get pretty good deals on Japanese releases either on the Segaga Domain Store or from Rakuten. In the eternal words of Segata Sanshiro: "Play Sega Saturn".
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.