Author Topic: [?] Fueys aka Flash Hueys  (Read 697 times)

cabbage

Re: [?] Fueys aka Flash Hueys
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 01:29:58 PM »
The NEO128 does not run any games on the duo r, but runs fine on the TG16 and almost perfect on the GT. The Duo R has been region modded and plays every US/JAP Hucard, maybe it doesn't like the region mod, I not too sure.
For what it's worth, my un-modded Duo-R works like a champ with the Neo128. I would think a good mod would not affect its compatibility... Does the neo flash menu boot up on your Duo-R, or do you just get a blank screen/some garbage/etc?

HercTNT

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 06:35:04 PM »
I have a botched region mod and my duo-r runs the neo64 just fine. eventually i will send it to thesteve to fix, but even with the problem i have the neo works fine.

meka

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 09:30:08 PM »
The NEO128 does not run any games on the duo r, but runs fine on the TG16 and almost perfect on the GT. The Duo R has been region modded and plays every US/JAP Hucard, maybe it doesn't like the region mod, I not too sure.
For what it's worth, my un-modded Duo-R works like a champ with the Neo128. I would think a good mod would not affect its compatibility... Does the neo flash menu boot up on your Duo-R, or do you just get a blank screen/some garbage/etc?

I don't think it's the region mod, probably the neo is just picky, and the neo boots on my Duo R fine but when I try to get into a game it just crashes.

gameofyou

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 05:19:52 PM »

what was the intention of limiting the GOY to 8Mbit only? Looking at todays flash prices even a 100 time of that storage wouldn't have had much influences on its end price.

There were a lot of reasons for making the basic 8Mbit card:  low power, low cost, no menus, low parts count (needed to keep the card size to a standard HuCard size).

Like thesteve said, there is no need for mapping logic.  But also, you will be very hard pressed to find a larger parallel flash memory device than what I'm using, which uses a 5v supply.  So then you would have to look into level translators or using multiple flash chips.

I wanted to make something that would use the minimum amount of parts, and have a low price point. 

By the way, I have made some more cards, & hopefully I will be able to keep up with orders now, so that I can keep the checkout basket open from here on.

thesteve

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 05:44:22 PM »
i believe the neoflash is a 3.3v chip with level translation.
i suspect that is why it has issues on some systems

esadajr

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 05:32:54 AM »
GOY, I like your philosophy, lets a gamer/dev focus on one game/demo at a time at an affordable price.

Gaming since 1985

spenoza

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2012, 06:06:27 AM »
Sometimes simple is just as good as messy and complex.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c