Author Topic: NEW HuCard Sleeves. Made in the USA.  (Read 10764 times)

SeymorOnion

NEW HuCard Sleeves. Made in the USA.
« on: July 22, 2012, 12:41:35 PM »
Here is a direct link to where the Sleeves are being sold:
http://www.seymoronion.com/index_2.html

I ship to almost every country in the world.
To see if I ship to your country, simply add something to the Cart.
There's a list of countries I ship to, in a drop-down list, in the Cart.

You can click on the Thumbnails above to see a bigger picture.

In October of 2011, I hired a local Plastics Company to make over Thirty Thousand HuCard Sleeves.  :shock:
I also hired a local packaging company, during that time, to make some custom 25-Pack Boxes for them, and some Shipping Boxes.
The 25-Pack Boxes have a very simple design, to save on $, and the Shipping Boxes can hold up to Four 25-Packs.
It is cheaper, both on shipping fees (weight), and on Packaging Costs, to have had the custom "Four 25-Pack Shipping Boxes" made, especially when I ship 1 to 4 HuCard sleeve 25-Packs outside of the US.

Another important feature of the Shipper is that it's dimensions are perfect for both the Domestic and International Shipping Labels that my Shipping Software prints out.
This is one of the main reasons why I'm able to fill orders so quickly, as I do not have to fill out any shipping labels by hand.
The Postage gets paid the moment I print out a label, so I don't have to fork over any $ at the Counter at the Post office, saving time there too.
Also, Online Postage is a little cheaper than paying in person, and I pass that savings on to you all.  :wink:

Larger orders are shipped in standard off-the-shelf boxes, and smaller orders are shipped in a sturdy cardboard envelope, that's commonly used to ship CDs in. Both of them fully support the very same Domestic and International Shipping labels that I use on the boxes spoken of in the paragraph above this one.

If you'd like to read some more of the History of getting the Sleeves Made, you can check out the other Thread, started by MotherGunner, here:
https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=10512.0

All proceeds from the Sales of the HuCard Sleeves, and from sales of the other stuff at my website, goes towards New Product Development,
except for the $ I set aside to ensure that my products can always be reordered when stock runs low.
I'm in this for the long term, and am doing this because of my love for Gaming.  8)

If you want to bookmark my website, please bookmark the following URL, so it will load the Main Page instead of the HuCard Page, whenever you visit:
www.SeymorOnion.com

All New Product Releases, and Status Updates, are announced on the Main Page.
Also, the site is currently undergoing a redesign.
It is still fully functional in it's current form, so don't worry, your orders will go through just fine.
The Direct Link will still work when it's done, too, but you might miss out on some of the New Features if you bookmark the Direct Link instead of the Main Page, and forget to click "Main" in the menu.  :-"
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:07:17 PM by SeymorOnion »

MotherGunner

Re: NEW HuCard Sleeves. Made in the USA.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 03:52:33 PM »
Just want to be the first to say the quality of these sleeves are the absolute BEST and I was completely blown away with my purchase.  They look and feel just like OEM sleeves and I would argue they are better.  Also an important thing to note is that "New Product Development" SeymorOnion mentions include plans for the potential release of HuCard trays which I hope are available in the future!

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

bartre

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 04:08:53 PM »
Just want to be the second to say the quality of these sleeves are the absolute BEST and I was completely blown away with my purchase.  They look and feel just like OEM sleeves and I would argue they are better.  Also an important thing to note is that "New Product Development" SeymorOnion mentions include plans for the potential release of HuCard trays which I hope are available in the future!

seriously though, these things are the sheezy.

MotherGunner

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 05:45:33 PM »
Just want to be the second to say the quality of these sleeves are the absolute BEST and I was completely blown away with my purchase.  They look and feel just like OEM sleeves and I would argue they are better.  Also an important thing to note is that "New Product Development" SeymorOnion mentions include plans for the potential release of HuCard trays which I hope are available in the future!

seriously though, these things are the sheezy.

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

canada

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 06:10:38 PM »
adgreed just got mine in the mail. they are great

CPTRAVE

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 07:30:07 PM »
Great, I will be ordering some soon.

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 07:36:04 PM »
Gotta order some of these soon. So many of my HuCard and MyCard sleeves look so nasty...

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 03:04:33 AM »
Another satisfied customer here.  S.O. has some great sleeves, and I can't wait 'til he starts selling cases to go with 'em.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 03:08:40 AM »
These sleeves are top of the line.   Im very satisfied with them.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 07:01:17 AM »
I got a set of these a while back as well. Much nicer than the other aftermarket HuCard sleeves I've purchased.
--DragonmasterDan

DarkKobold

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 07:25:32 AM »
I got my set, love 'em. They are near impossible to tell from the originals. However, some originals are ribbed, while others aren't? Was that the later TTI games?

I wish your cases you have planned would be closer reproductions to the original than you currently are thinking. I'd rather pay $1+ than have a fake looking TG-16 case. Additionally, you could make more of the holder bars, since plenty of cases in this world have broken ones of those. Your choice, but I'd appreciate you weighing in on that idea.

Also, I'd love to know, with 30,000 ordered, how many have you sold? I'd imagine there aren't 30,000 turbografx games left in existence! (kidding, but 30,000 is a huuuuuge number!)

EDIT: FYI, the top left character gives a 404 error when you click it - http://www.seymoronion.com/index.html
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 07:32:26 AM by DarkKobold »
Hey, you.

Kaijuboy

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 08:15:36 PM »
The sleeves are indeed fantastic!  I'll be putting in another order soon.  :dance:

Any vague ETA on the HU cases?

8bitForLife

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 08:48:07 PM »
i ordered 5 myself. I would also like to say instead of the all in one case project I would rather get like the post above me cases that are closer to the originals namely tb16 pce and sega saturn. If someone would start making replica saturn cases they would be a rich man as i know people would pay good money for them and extra for good packing materials since usps sucks at careful handling.
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

tpivette

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 04:29:10 PM »
Just recieved my sleeves and games today. They look amazing, cant wait to fill them with loosies!

Thanks again!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

SeymorOnion

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 08:49:45 AM »
Quote from: DarkKobold
I'd love to know, with 30,000 ordered, how many have you sold? I'd imagine there aren't 30,000 turbografx games left in existence! (kidding, but 30,000 is a huuuuuge number!)
I've sold several thousand HuCard Sleeves, so far.
I had to make so many all at once in order to get decent pricing, and to help offset the costs of tooling.

Quote from: DarkKobold
FYI, the top left character gives a 404 error when you click it - http://www.seymoronion.com/index.html
That's actually on purpose.  :D
It makes it easier for me to test out some stuff that's being designed for the 404 Page.

Quote from: Kaijuboy
Any vague ETA on the HU cases?

Prototyping can take up to a month, to make sure I get all the case designs perfected.
The Kickstarter Fundraiser/Pre-Order Campaign will take 30 Days.
Manufacture will take between 1 to 3 Months.
That sets a tentative ETA to December, at the earliest.
I don't have enough $ to start the Prototyping Phase, yet, but I'm getting closer.

Quote from: 8bitForLife
I would also like to say instead of the all in one case project I would rather get like the post above me cases that are closer to the originals namely tb16 pce and sega saturn. If someone would start making replica saturn cases they would be a rich man as i know people would pay good money for them and extra for good packing materials since usps sucks at careful handling.
Bold mine, and AMEN.
The same goes for every package carrier, really.
Rest assured that this issue is in the front of my mind, and I take it very seriously when designing custom shipping boxes, and packing methods.

I would certainly like to repro the big Saturn/Sega CD Jewel Case Boxes, Inner Trays, and spacer foam.
Same goes for the original style TG16 Tray w/Plastic Arm.

The thing is, they are rather fragile, and I'm going to need to have a lot of extra $ saved up,
so I'll be able to deal with the ones that arrive, broken, at my Warehouse.
This mostly applies to the Sega CD/Saturn Cases.

The potential for damage while en route from the manufacturer to my Warehouse, for the OEM TG16 Trays & Arms,
can be mitigated by having them just send them separately, and I'll just glue the arms in myself,
or let you guys do it when your orders arrive,
or alter the design somewhat so they can snap in, and no glue would be required.
I could have them make some extra arms too, so they could also be sold separately, to people that just need the arms.

Would you guys mind if I made the following alterations to the OEM Style Cases, for SegaCD/Saturn?
1. Make the Manual Holder a hard transparent pocket, with a semi-circle cutout near the middle, on the inside of the case, so you can grip the manual for easy removal.
This will prevent sagging manuals, and indentation of the four OEM Manual holding Tabs.
It will also allow support for the shorter SegaCD/Saturn Manuals.
You can print out a single-sided insert/page that'll be visible from the outside, while the case is closed, so it would like like it came with a Tall Manual.
They'll probably make some for that very purpose, over at TheCoverProject.net once I start making the cases.

2. A Push-Button style CD Center-Hole Gripper.
It will remove the need for a Foam Rectangle Spacer, to keep the disk secured inside the case.

3. Mold some small "Pinchers" into the inner tray, to support the addition of an extra smaller tray or two, to handle the few multi-disk Saturn Games.
The extra smaller trays would be sold separately, because there aren't that many multi-disk Sega CD/Saturn Games.
Note: The Game Case would look exactly like the OEM Case from the outside, when the case is Closed, and the rear tray would fully support OEM Rear Tray Inserts.

Unfortunately, I don't think that I can make either of the above, on my first run, as they might require making a Second Mold for the Clear Plastic parts; ie: another 10 to 30 thousand dollars.  :shock:

My First Run Plans involve a Single Modular Mold that will be used to make a bunch of similar-but-different Cases, all with the same base materials.
I might be able to designate part of the Master Mold to those clear plastic parts, and have the cavities for the other case designs filled with a temp brick or something, but the bigger the mold gets, the more it costs, and there is a point of diminishing returns, where it'd wind up cheaper to just make a dedicated mold for certain things, instead of a single massive mold.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.
I'm going to look into reproducing the OEM SegaCD/Saturn and TG16/PCE case designs, after the first run of my current designs gets made.