Author Topic: NEW HuCard Sleeves. Made in the USA.  (Read 10788 times)

SeymorOnion

Re: NEW HuCard Sleeves. Made in the USA.
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 04:11:57 AM »
I've heard that the HuCard Trays for the Super System Card, Arcade Card, Tennoke Bank Card, won't fit inside a standard Audio CD Case.
Have you found this to be true?

I don't know what the deal is with the Street Fighter II. It appears to come with both a Quad CD Case and a Single CD Case. :?:

Oh, and if anyone can recommend a good Hole Punch, that can make a hole in a HuCard Sleeve that's the same size and shape as the aforementioned Japanese HuCards, I'd appreciate it.
I've been thinking about offering some pre-punched *5-Packs for completionists.
It's ok if it can only punch one hole at a time.

*Assuming my HuCard Sleeves have the same outer dimensions as the ones with holes in em, and assuming that there are only 5 HuCards that need them?
Just how many different HuCards came with the hole-punched sleeve?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:17:47 AM by SeymorOnion »

geise

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 04:35:24 AM »
I'll have to look when I get home, but I'd say not enough to really have it be worth your time and effort.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 04:45:34 AM »
I've heard that the HuCard Trays for the Super System Card, Arcade Card, Tennoke Bank Card, won't fit inside a standard Audio CD Case.

The white trays fit standard cases, most of 'em anyway.  The only one that doesn't is the Arcade Card Pro, which came in a slightly thicker jewel case and with a slightly different white tray thing.

I don't know what the deal is with the Street Fighter II. It appears to come with both a Quad CD Case and a Single CD Case. :?:

All of 'em originally came in double sized jewel cases; if you find one in a single sized case, the owner did it.

*Assuming my HuCard Sleeves have the same outer dimensions as the ones with holes in em, and assuming that there are only 5 HuCards that need them?

Don't all the latter HuCARD have 'em?  If it's a white tray game, it has those little posts.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SeymorOnion

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 05:02:37 AM »

The white trays fit standard cases, most of 'em anyway.  The only one that doesn't is the Arcade Card Pro, which came in a slightly thicker jewel case and with a slightly different white tray thing.

All of 'em originally came in double sized jewel cases; if you find one in a single sized case, the owner did it.

Don't all the latter HuCARD have 'em?  If it's a white tray game, it has those little posts.
If you put the Arcade Card (while it is in it's Vinyl Sleeve), and it's Manual, inside of a standard sized CD Jewel Case, that has no tray in it, will the lid close properly?

There's a ton of white-tray Japanese HuCard Games?
If that's the case, (pardon the pun) then I probably have a lot of hole-punchin to look forward to (if I can find a good hole-puncher).  :shock:
At least, until I can start making my own trays. They won't require Holy HuCard Sleeves.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:04:15 AM by SeymorOnion »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 05:58:03 AM »
If you put the Arcade Card (while it is in it's Vinyl Sleeve), and it's Manual, inside of a standard sized CD Jewel Case, that has no tray in it, will the lid close properly?

I assume you mean the AC Pro (an AC Duo fits in a standard case with the tray), but yeah.  It's physically the same size as a Tennokoe Bank card, which came in a standard size case with white tray.

They switched sometime in '92, so maybe forty titles have the white trays.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

CatBoy

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 07:10:11 AM »
Got my box of 25 sleeves. They are absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much SeymorOnion!  :clap:

SeymorOnion

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2012, 07:27:35 AM »

I assume you mean the AC Pro (an AC Duo fits in a standard case with the tray), but yeah.  It's physically the same size as a Tennokoe Bank card, which came in a standard size case with white tray.

They switched sometime in '92, so maybe forty titles have the white trays.
So, there really wasn't any reason for them to make the Case and Tray for the AC Pro a little thicker than the others? Weird.  :-k

Thanks for the "Maybe Forty" estimate. I'm working on the Tableset for the Punched-Sleeves.
Looks like I can stop at the 25-Pack QTY.
I have the other HuCards set up a little differently, and want to make sure the New Variant is set up similarly.
Now you can change desired QTY in the cart, for each QTY Pack, and not have to mess with drop-down menus, unless you are dealing with Reseller Packs.
So, if someone needs, say, 26, they can get a 25 and a 5 (30), instead of two 25's (50) AND the calculated shipping will work correctly in conjunction with that (as well as other combos).

Got my box of 25 sleeves. They are absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much SeymorOnion!  :clap:
You're welcome!
I'm glad ya like em'.  8)

8bitForLife

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2012, 03:50:02 PM »
yes the yellowing on game carts some games only half yellow like the systems.
Man, that's weird!
My Replacement SNES Cartridge Shells will come with both halves (Front & Back), as well as new Screws (Phillips Head +).
They will also have the two extra holes/slots where the connector is, so FX-Chip Games, like Star Fox, can fit inside, without you guys needing to make any modifications to it.
Thats awesome and ty for responding
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

blueraven

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2012, 09:41:03 AM »
Replying to this thread so i can remember to place an order  :)
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

tpivette

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2012, 12:24:15 AM »
Placed an order for another 25 sleeves. As always, an awesome product and a must have for any Turbo/PCE enthusiast.

Thanks again, Seymor!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

SeymorOnion

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2012, 09:56:23 AM »
I haven't found the right hole puncher jut yet, but I'm still looking.

I wanted to let ya'll know that the Reseller Packs for the non-holy HuCard sleeves are available again.  :wink:

This time around, I tried (safely) fitting as many as I could in each of the 3 Flat Rate Box Types: RR Box A, Medium FRB and Large FRB.
I also compared the rates against UPS, FedEx, and non-flat-rate USPS Priority (Domestic)
and non-flat-rate First Class & Priority International.
As it turns out, the shipping methods I'm now using for them are the best bang for the buck.

The Consumer Packs are still available too, for those of you that only need a few.

Bardoly

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2012, 03:31:27 PM »
Bump for awesome products!

I'm loving my new sleeves!

MotherGunner

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2012, 05:49:23 PM »
Fyi, Seymor's sleeves do work fine with the thicker HuCards.  I am using one each with my SF II and T. Bank.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2012, 06:53:03 AM »
I bought a pack from the online store. Awesome product that's identical to originals. I got rid of all my nasty gooey  and yellowed sleeves for these nice high quality sleeves.
Thanks!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

sirhcman

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2012, 07:55:04 AM »
I bought a pack from the online store. Awesome product that's identical to originals. I got rid of all my nasty gooey  and yellowed sleeves for these nice high quality sleeves.
Thanks!

Gooey? What are you doing with these things?!