Author Topic: NEW HuCard Sleeves. Made in the USA.  (Read 10759 times)

Magister

Re: NEW HuCard Sleeves. Made in the USA.
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2017, 02:26:02 PM »
he's an onion in the wind.

have you ever thought the missing person may not want to be found?
for whatever reason he's not around, its clear his website and offerings are not a priority to him right now.

Even if he got tired of doing everything, doesn't make much sense to just leave everything up and running for no reason. 

why not?  i would.  again, who is to say it doesnt make sense.  his priorities are up to him.
he is just one guy making cool shit.  he doesnt owe anybody some grand "STORE IS CLOSING" announcement.
at least its through paypal so its not a hassle to get a refund.  not like hes taking money and running away with it.

Why not?  Actually, the question should be more of what's the point?  What would be the point of keeping everything up and running with no intention of shipping the product?  Did I say anything about him owing anyone an explanation for why he left or closed shop?  Nope.  Like I said, it seems sort of odd from reading the whole thread that this was something he was very involved in and to just up and stop all communication and leave everything up and running seems suspicious.
This Space For Rent.

esteban

NEW HuCard Sleeves. Made in the USA.
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2017, 04:21:25 AM »
he's an onion in the wind.

have you ever thought the missing person may not want to be found?
for whatever reason he's not around, its clear his website and offerings are not a priority to him right now.

Even if he got tired of doing everything, doesn't make much sense to just leave everything up and running for no reason. 

why not?  i would.  again, who is to say it doesnt make sense.  his priorities are up to him.
he is just one guy making cool shit.  he doesnt owe anybody some grand "STORE IS CLOSING" announcement.
at least its through paypal so its not a hassle to get a refund.  not like hes taking money and running away with it.

Why not?  Actually, the question should be more of what's the point?  What would be the point of keeping everything up and running with no intention of shipping the product?  Did I say anything about him owing anyone an explanation for why he left or closed shop?  Nope.  Like I said, it seems sort of odd from reading the whole thread that this was something he was very involved in and to just up and stop all communication and leave everything up and running seems suspicious.

As you know, real life can pose many challenges.

You don't have to literally die to become totally consumed with major issue(s).

My gut tells me that something bad happened to Seymour Onion, so I totally understand how you feel. I share the sentiment.

However, to feel better I prefer to spin this positively: SeymourOnion has been working as a Buddhist farmhand. He couldn't be happier. Just the other day he successfully milked a pregnant mare.

:)
  |    | 

kallisti5

« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2017, 08:00:24 AM »
I don't see any Obituaries in Texas for him based on the name on his Twitter profile.
His ebay profile says he lives in Pearland which is near me.

https://twitter.com/SeymorOnion

However, all of his eBay reviews show him going MIA.  All feedback since Jan 2017 are  "no communication, no item shippment, etc"

So yeah, he's in the wind for now.

Magister

« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2017, 10:51:39 AM »
Well, since this is a dead end for now.  Are there any sleeves out there that would work as a replacement?
This Space For Rent.

bob

« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2017, 11:07:34 AM »
member SeymorOnion here used to have them for sale.  you can try contacting him.

Magister

« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2017, 12:50:48 PM »
member SeymorOnion here used to have them for sale.  you can try contacting him.

](*,)
This Space For Rent.

esteban

NEW HuCard Sleeves. Made in the USA.
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2017, 02:56:55 AM »
I hope we see more of him at these forums in the near future.

|    | 

sirhcman

« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2017, 12:39:18 PM »
I was on his website today and noticed this update from February (he seems to be very much alive)

New Order Hiatus   
Friday, February 17'th, 2017 @ 12:00 PM CST.

All New Orders are being temporarially suspended. In other words, I've removed the pages that let you place an order, and have taken
 down my eBay Listings.

I have a Huge Backlog of orders, that are being filled ASAP. I don't know how long it's going to take, and it wouldn't be right to continue
 accepting new orders, until I finish dealing with all of the pre-existing orders.

In the meantime, you can check with the websites listed below, to see if they still have any of my HuCard Sleeves in stock.

~ Chris

esteban

« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2017, 02:21:13 PM »
Thank you for the update.

I should have bought sleeves when I had a chance. I always assumed they would be available.

|    | 

HailingTheThings

« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2017, 06:17:27 PM »
Thank you for the update.

I should have bought sleeves when I had a chance. I always assumed they would be available.

You can still buy them if you click the link to his website and check the other stores that carry them.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2017, 02:44:25 AM »
You can still buy them if you click the link to his website and check the other stores that carry them.

I can't find 'em on Windy's site, and the other two say they're sold out.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

HailingTheThings

« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2017, 10:12:28 AM »

I can't find 'em on Windy's site, and the other two say they're sold out.

Holy balls, I'm sorry. Could have sworn they were in stock at the box protector site when I last checked.

Here's this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TurboGrafx-16-PC-Engine-Game-HU-Card-Sleeves-Brand-NEW-Pack-of-10-Turbo-Grafx-/112256000563?hash=item1a22faa233:g:eV0AAOSw0e9UvsKi

johnnykonami

« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2017, 01:56:26 PM »
Glad I bought a couple of these a while back, but now I'm wishing that I had purchased a few more.  I only got about 10.

RNSpeed

« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2017, 04:03:19 AM »
Glad I bought a couple of these a while back, but now I'm wishing that I had purchased a few more.  I only got about 10.

Same here. I bought a box back in 2015

Black Tiger

« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2017, 06:49:10 AM »
Aren't Seymor's 100 for $25 or something?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum