Author Topic: The TG16/PCE good deal thread  (Read 6603 times)

storino03

Re: The TG16/PCE good deal thread
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 06:48:13 PM »
If the turbo tap is able to be plugged into your Turbo Grafx 16 (same with the controller), then yes, you can use those extension cables for your method.

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 06:56:30 PM »
I thought I would start this off as some members have been discussing this. So without further ado:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6ft-NEC-Turbo-Grafx-Extension-Cable-/270982625710?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3f17d2b9ae
Under $4 for a tg16 extension cable, definitely cheaper than what I have been seeing as of late.

I know nothing about these extension cords.  Can you plug it into your TG-16, then plug your Turbo Tap into this cord, and then play multi-player games with the controllers plugged into the Turbo Tap, or do I need to purchase 5 of these?

I have heard on these forums that the generic cables you can get elsewhere (for around $1 each) won't work for plugging in a multitap, so you'd need to buy an extension for each controller you plug into the multitap. Is this one also a generic cable? Since they have so many available I would guess so. In that case you might encounter the same problem as with other cables and would need at least two for multiplayer games.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 07:03:34 PM by Samurai Ghost »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 04:41:34 AM »
If the turbo tap is able to be plugged into your Turbo Grafx 16 (same with the controller), then yes, you can use those extension cables for your method.

It's been well documented that using an extension cord between the tap and system (any version) will cause troubles.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 04:45:29 AM »

It's been well documented that using an extension cord between the tap and system (any version) will cause troubles.

Even for the official NEC cables? Not that I ever see then anywhere, but it might be a reason to pick one up one day.

soop

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 05:18:36 AM »

I was worried about that, but so far no problems after playing 4 player bomberman via tap and extension on mine, and I left it plugged in for a while with 1 player games.

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 05:23:22 AM »

I was worried about that, but so far no problems after playing 4 player bomberman via tap and extension on mine, and I left it plugged in for a while with 1 player games.

Which cable did you buy?

soop

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 05:28:49 AM »

Which cable did you buy?

It was just a generic one.  I'm just about to head home, get showered and head out, but if you want to know, remind me tomorrow and I'll dig out the eBay auction.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 09:44:16 AM »
these cables have a rubber/plastic guard over where it plugs in, I can't get it to fit into my turbo tap :(
--DragonmasterDan

cabbage

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 10:24:12 AM »
these cables have a rubber/plastic guard over where it plugs in, I can't get it to fit into my turbo tap :(
You could try to cut away some of that with an sharp blade--maybe enough to make it fit. Just an idea, in case you really wanted to use it with your tap :)

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 10:38:37 AM »

You could try to cut away some of that with an sharp blade--maybe enough to make it fit. Just an idea, in case you really wanted to use it with your tap :)

Yeah, I am planning to file it down. It DOES fit in the TG16 controller port without an issue though.
--DragonmasterDan

storino03

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 10:39:44 AM »
I was thinking the same thing. File it down :)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 10:47:56 AM »
Do the ones that chany linked a while back fit in a tap without needing modification?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 10:53:59 AM »
After a file down, it works in my turbo tap, I bought three of these. So two more to file down :(
--DragonmasterDan

storino03

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 11:26:03 AM »
was it that hard plastic or that molded stuff that has a soft spongy feel (if that makes sense lol)?

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 11:40:10 AM »
was it that hard plastic or that molded stuff that has a soft spongy feel (if that makes sense lol)?

Fairly thick rubbery plastic.
--DragonmasterDan