Author Topic: WTT for a Turbo Duo  (Read 336 times)

8bitForLife

WTT for a Turbo Duo
« on: July 24, 2012, 03:18:38 PM »
WTT a Virtual Boy for a Turbo Duo preferably a modded one and in pretty good condition also have a model3 genesis. I also have a regular turbo grafx 16 that plays hucards just fine with connecters and controllers and the cdrom unit but the cdrom doesn't work. Let me know if anyone is interested. Wouldn't mind some games too as i don't have many.

Wouldn't mind some Saturn games ether.

Btw iv been around here since 2009 had nathan burnside fix my turbo duo rx. But when i got it back from him it didn't work. When i moved to Hawaii to take care of my grandmother i plugged it in for shits and giggles and it worked lol don't know why. Anyways that's why i didn't frequent here because i had no working system. Well yesterday when i found out it worked i couldn't remember my login name pw so i have this one i made last year.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:16:09 PM by 8bitForLife »
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

SignOfZeta

Re: WTT for a Turbo Duo
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 03:20:52 PM »
Yeah...that's not going to work.

8bitForLife

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 03:22:51 PM »
what do you mean?
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

BlueBMW

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 03:53:34 PM »
Are you saying you want to trade the virtual boy AND that turbo grafx 16 + broken cdrom setup towards / for a Turbo Duo?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

8bitForLife

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 04:13:13 PM »
I guess i could do that if someone wanted. I think the virtual boy runs about 100+ if its in good condition. which mine is.

Sorry I'm a little out of date on turbo duo prices. I think ebay is ridiculous atm.

Btw my ebay member name is Emulat0r 178 positive feedback 0 negatives.

And I have never really traded for anything before this is my first experience doing it. I tend to hand onto my stuff working or none working. Have a saturn collections not huge and a growing dreamcast collection. gba a kick ass ds collection(mainly the good games).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:15:09 PM by 8bitForLife »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 05:45:48 PM »
These days a nice US Duo is about $200. Regardless of what a VB is technically worth, you'd be lucky to trade a truck full of the things for a US Duo, at least around here. They tend to have exactly opposite audiences so the "exchange rate" is pretty bad.

So if you have a working RX, why do you want a Turbo Duo anyway?

My drama queen radar is going crazy right now for some reason...

8bitForLife

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 06:21:42 PM »
I collect stuff and i have an extra couple things. and i kind of made the post without thinking about it too clearly i guess. if i could delete the thread i would.

not sure what you mean by your last comment but o well

tpivette

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 10:15:52 PM »
My drama queen radar is going crazy right now for some reason...

I'm getting red flags too... the virtual boy trade offer and $100 price value is what did it for me

Wonder if he'd trade a Bonk 3 manual for a Turbo Duo?
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

thesteve

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 10:28:49 PM »
he seems open to value reevaluations.
it may be worth that to someone, just not here.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 06:29:09 AM »
I collect stuff and i have an extra couple things. and i kind of made the post without thinking about it too clearly i guess. if i could delete the thread i would.

not sure what you mean by your last comment but o well

What I mean is that you seem like you might be crazy. Editing your posts, PMing me, wanting to delete things. Those are early warning signs...warning us of crazy people, often times. Its not that what you are doing right now is crazy, but...if next week you ran naked into traffic after slashing the tires on my car, it wouldn't shock me.

I apologize to you if you aren't crazy, but a VB for a Duo? The VB is one of the most derided unpopular machines ever released in the US. I remember when EB was blowing those things out at insanely low prices (was it $50 for the unit, $5 each game, something like that?). The Duo is quite well loved. Most EB's only ever had one Duo flow through their store ever, and they either sold it at full price or sent it back to the warehouse after they cancelled the system. They were both commercial failures for sure back in the day, but now its like the difference between chocolate and shit.

And if you are crazy, I apologize to everyone else because by typing all of this I'm giving you the attention crazy people need so badly to stay crazy.

8bitForLife

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 03:00:35 PM »
No I'm not crazy and sorry if I'm not up to date on the duo info you just posted I just listed a tone of stuff and was seeing if someone was interested I had no idea what monetary value they hold since I only know of the ebay prices. And I pmed you because frankly you're rude and not very welcoming to a new person and so I asked in a pm whats up. Anyways it seems your drama queen radar went off on yourself. And who cares if i edit my posts if i see a grammar error I try to correct myself. You could of nicely explained that the value of my items wouldn't come close to a duo but no you made 2 smart ass remakes then insulted me more. Did your mother not ever tell you if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 03:16:58 PM »
My mother basically just warned me about crazy people.

8bitForLife

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »
w/e

Keranu

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »
Topic locked. PCEFX "vets", is it that hard to show some manners once in awhile? Sheesh.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).