Author Topic: Y's 5 Remake for PS2  (Read 1340 times)

FM-77

Y's 5 Remake for PS2
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 04:04:08 AM »
I got a complete copy of YsV today. Finally. I've been waiting for this day.... All my life!!  :wink:

Or maybe not. But almost. Hehehehe.  :roll:

thewestexit

Y's 5 Remake for PS2
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006, 12:17:26 PM »
I've actually been playing Ys V (SFC) recently, I've had it for ages but never played it until a few days ago... I like it, it's a solid Action/RPG, with some pretty nice graphics, but most Ys fans might be put off by the fact that the game has no voice or CD music... still, I'm enjoying it and will probably finish it before too long (I heard it's pretty short).
////////////////////////////////////////////////
James Wilson
www.thewestexit.com
The Science of Building Wealth
////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dark Fact

Re: Y's 5 Remake for PS2
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 04:46:50 AM »
That's why people hated it? No voice acting or CD music?

I mean it's okay as long as the action fun factor is there, right? Right? :?

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 07:31:23 AM »
It's more about how Adol controls, & how the music was composed.  It doesn't have that synth rock feel that all the other games have.  But, it's not a bad game, it's just different.  If any game is bad, it's Mask of the Sun, though, the PS2 version is much worse, but even that, for me, I still found some enjoyment in it.

Black Tiger

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 12:07:17 PM »
I've actually been playing Ys V (SFC) recently, I've had it for ages but never played it until a few days ago... I like it, it's a solid Action/RPG, with some pretty nice graphics, but most Ys fans might be put off by the fact that the game has no voice or CD music... still, I'm enjoying it and will probably finish it before too long (I heard it's pretty short).

I never got into it because you don't ram through enemies any more. I'll finish it someday, but there are still way too many other games I'd rather play (or replay, like all the ramming Ys games) in the meantime.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

FM-77

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 07:36:42 AM »
But, it's not a bad game, it's just different.

No, it is a bad game. There's nothing "good" about it. The gameplay is horrid, the graphics are nasty, the music sucks, the bad controls render it practically unplayable (and why is Adol ice skating?).

Easily the worst RPG on PS2. I wish I could find some reviews of it (it sucks so hard that nobody's played it - that's why there aren't any reviews of it). What did Famitsu give it? 5? Something like that.  :lol:

Even Ys IV PS2 was better than this, and THAT is saying a lot.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 10:38:33 AM »
I was talking about the SNES Ys 5, not the PS2 one.  Some people say it's a bad game, but it's not, it's just different from the others.

GUTS

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 06:30:45 AM »
The SNES Ys V was good, but the lack of CD music and cinemas did hurt the experience.  I still enjoyed it though, it reminded me of Brainlord for some reason (which is another game I really liked).  Has anybody played the "hard" version of Ys V?  I was always curious what was different.