Author Topic: Parts for TG16 CD? - Success! And Thanks!  (Read 166 times)

Lost Monkey

Parts for TG16 CD? - Success! And Thanks!
« on: August 08, 2012, 03:57:03 PM »
Years ago I bought a new KSS-220a for my TG16 CD and then totaled it when trying to do the swap... (there were no guides back then...  :-")

So I put everything back together (minus the laser sled) and stuck it back in it's case until I felt I was ready to tackle it again.

Fast forward to this week.  I bought a donor discman and removed the working KSS-220a.  I opened my TGCD and found that I have a missing part (or two).  I must have trashed it with the junked 220.  #-o

The missing part is the guide and clip attached to the sled so it can move on the worm gear.

So - if any of you folks have these parts available.. please let me know.. I really want to get this thing going again.

I have added a pic of where part(s) I need are attached to the sled...

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:18:46 AM by Lost Monkey »

Lost Monkey

Re: Parts for TG16 CD? - Success! And Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 03:25:21 AM »
So...

I bought a Discman for a laser donation, bought a dead PCE-CD for the worm gear clip and bought a new gear from Keith Courage.

Put it all together and no spin... laser would move to center and then just stop.  Disc would make a half spin and then stop.

Then I saw this thread:

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12794.0

...about 15 minutes ago and now Ys I & II is playing its intro in the background as I type.

Big thanks to KC - both for the gear and the advice offered in the other thread.

Big thanks to the community for all the efforts in keeping these TG-CDs running.  Mine had been on the blink since the 90's when I would have to put 2 discs in it to get it to load...  It finally stopped working around 2000...  I just recently sold my DUO on the promise that I would get this TG-CD fixed and keep it as my main unit...

Whew!