Author Topic: WTB: Duo R  (Read 149 times)

turboswimbz

WTB: Duo R
« on: August 20, 2012, 05:19:53 AM »
I'm really looking into playing the TG16 CD games, always been a turbochip player, Figured that a duo was the way to go, rather then trying to find a CD attachment.  After much, looking around the forums, It seems to be pretty clear that rather than an American Duo, a PCE Duo R is a much better way to go, Plus it'll give me a chance to try some of the PC engine games. 
Haven't had much luck in finding one that had reasonable pricing and shipping, if anyone can help me out let me know

thanks and have a turbo-riffic day.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

esadajr

Re: WTB: Duo R
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 07:55:10 AM »
Just be sure this is what you want to do.
Gaming since 1985

wilykat

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 02:55:55 PM »
CD games has no region protection, all USA games will work fine on PCE Duo R but Hucard will be limited unless you install region switch and mod.

PCE Duo (all flavors) is usually a lot cheaper than USA Duo

turboswimbz

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 10:48:02 AM »
CD games has no region protection, all USA games will work fine on PCE Duo R but Hucard will be limited unless you install region switch and mod.

PCE Duo (all flavors) is usually a lot cheaper than USA Duo
  Thanks this is pretty much what I had gleamed so far.  best us duo i found was $400 looks like i might be able to get a PCE for under $250 with mod. from some of the members here.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.