Author Topic: external speakers for the express  (Read 773 times)

esteban

Re: external speakers for the express
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 07:13:55 PM »
Kinda defeats the purpose of a portable system.

I agree

Not really.

Unless you are an EXTREME HANDHELD GAMER (running around your house/neighborhood/Wendy's), you tend to be pretty damn stationary when playing.

And, as 420GOAT stated, he doesn't always want to wear headphones. So we are left with the valiant but all-too-hollow-sounding built in TE/GT speaker.

I WANT MY WALL OF SOUND.

Especially when playing TG-16. And PCE.

Remarkably, it takes mere moments to plug my TE/GT into a home stereo/boombox/car sound system/etc.

ALSO: 420GOAT and I are often unable to use the television/room with television because they are occupied (kids, spouse, kids' friends, spouse's friends, etc.) so... that sucks.

Additionally, for me (I can't speak for 420GOAT), I can't leave my two 13-month-olds alone for more than a minute without worrying about them.

So, the TE is a convenient, flexible, non-intrusive way to play some TG-16. Hell, I use an AC adapter 80% of the time.

BUT WHY SHOULD I SACRIFICE WALL OF SOUND?

I want my wall of sound.

Then again, I am not an XTREME HANDHELD GAMER who sprints about, performing pirouettes and demi-pliés whilst playing Dragon Spirit.

Although, I must admit that it would be satisfying to grand-plié upon 1CC-ing Dragon Spirit.

Hmmmmm.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 01:20:01 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

KnightWarrior

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 07:23:52 AM »
Well a Portable System is ment to be Portable ..It be cool to hear the TE, Game Gear & the Game Boy though the sound system in Stereo

I think Companie's like Nintendo, Sega and NEC made it so you play it though your ears

soop

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 03:03:05 AM »
Well, I use my earphones because my caps need replacing.  But you could use this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iLuv-ISP100-Ultra-Mini-Portable-Travel-Speakers-IPOD-Iphone-MP3-7-2Watt-Surround-/120928571010?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_AudioDocks_Speakers&hash=item1c27e78e82

I'm gonna get one for the portable I'm building.  I read a guide from another modder, and he reckons they're very punchy for their size, compared to many others he's tried - and they have a built in amp.

420GOAT

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 10:04:21 AM »
THATS SWEET. gotta give those a try.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

motdelbourt

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 07:32:14 PM »
I don't know about hooking a handheld system up to external speaksers, but there's nothing like a nice pair of headphones. Good headphones don't just make chiptunes sound good, they improve your quality of life.

But as far as portability for my handhelds, I couldn't care less. They are played 99% at home.