Author Topic: external speakers for the express  (Read 772 times)

420GOAT

external speakers for the express
« on: August 26, 2012, 01:23:47 PM »
do you guys use them to listen to the sweet ass music in stereo? whats cool to use as portable stereo speakers?
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

DragonmasterDan

Re: external speakers for the express
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 01:31:30 PM »
do you guys use them to listen to the sweet ass music in stereo? whats cool to use as portable stereo speakers?

I generally stick with headphones if I want to listen in stereo.
--DragonmasterDan

vestcoat

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 02:01:41 PM »
Kinda defeats the purpose of a portable system.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 02:25:28 PM »
Um...headphones? Probably Sennheiser.

Duo_R

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 05:37:48 PM »
Beats audio ear plugs...sounds awesome
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

vestcoat

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 07:59:52 PM »
Playing Turbochips with stereo speakers is awesome, but, if I want stereo speakers, then I'll put my Turbochips in my TG16 which is hooked up to awesome speakers. If I were dorky enough to play my TurboExpress on-the-go or in public (god forbid), I sure wouldn't be hassling with extra speakers and batteries or anther power source. And who wants to subject everyone within earshot to their TE music?  I can't stand hearing people's two-second ringtones.

Also, portable speakers are portable because the sound quality has been compromised, so why look for "good" ones?... I really don't understand the point of this thread.

THESE look pretty good!
http://www.wilsonaudio.com/product_xlf.shtml
($200,000)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:05:44 PM by vestcoat »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 04:00:57 AM »
I just plug the audio cables directly into my ears.  That's the only way to listen to Turbo Music.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

esteban

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 04:49:21 AM »
I just plug the audio cables directly into my ears.  That's the only way to listen to Turbo Music.

I just plug the audio cables directly into my ears brain.
  |    | 

Duo_R

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 04:53:32 AM »
I modded my Turbo Express to output digital audio to the Turbo Link port, and that goes directly into my brain. I then convert that in realtime to 7.1 surround sound in my brain, it is simulated of course.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:05:32 AM by Duo_R »
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

420GOAT

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 05:29:52 AM »
stereo out of the express would be bad ass, what about a BOSE system or the little speakers that pop open? see at my pad the kids take over the bedroom tv, and sometimes the living room tv,
     at times im blazin in the bus drinkin 40's and i dont have a tv in there yet. so i was thinking of just getting something at target.
       i hate having earbuds or headphones on when everyone is around. usually my bus is the party hub or at least chill spot. i dont have a home system yet but i may never get one and just mod the hell out of the express.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

esteban

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 06:04:59 AM »
stereo out of the express would be bad ass, what about a BOSE system or the little speakers that pop open? see at my pad the kids take over the bedroom tv, and sometimes the living room tv,
     at times im blazin in the bus drinkin 40's and i dont have a tv in there yet. so i was thinking of just getting something at target.
       i hate having earbuds or headphones on when everyone is around. usually my bus is the party hub or at least chill spot. i dont have a home system yet but i may never get one and just mod the hell out of the express.

OK, all kidding aside, I have actually plugged TE and GT into:

(1) home stereo (1/8" stereo plug-->L/R RCA stereo cables)

(2) a nice subwoofer+2 satellite speakers system (self-contained, often used w/ desktop computers) (1/8" male plug to 1/8" male plug)

And it is a lot of fun to hear BOOMING WALL OF SOUND from a relatively tiny handheld. I use these cables to listen to my cassette walkman/laptop/ipod/ipad/iphone via nicer speakers as well.

This is truly the low-tech, low-cost solution to obtaining WALL OF SOUND for $1-2. You might pay more if you need really long cables (extension cables are sold).

|    | 

420GOAT

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 11:53:34 AM »
thats what im talking about!!

esteban

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 01:45:27 AM »
  |    | 

KnightWarrior

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 06:22:49 PM »
Kinda defeats the purpose of a portable system.

I agree

420GOAT

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 07:07:36 PM »
f*ck ok, you think its a bad idea, but what about TWO speakers built into the express?