Author Topic: We're never getting any more TG16 games on PSN, are we?  (Read 2229 times)

T.A.P.

We're never getting any more TG16 games on PSN, are we?
« on: September 22, 2012, 04:02:15 AM »
 ](*,)

Bernie

Re: We're never getting any more TG16 games on PSN, are we?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 04:56:08 AM »
Nope.  Buy the real goods.   ;)

c0ldb33r

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 01:57:45 PM »
Nor will we get any more on the iphone app :(
Member of the F@ck EBAY Club

TR0N

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 07:53:54 PM »
Ever since konami dissolve hudson i doubt it.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Firebomber7

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 12:01:41 PM »
There haven't even been any PC Engine games on it since Ys IV over a year ago...

T2KFreeker

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 11:19:39 AM »
Sadly, probably not. Really sucks too because Turbografx games always seem to get the short end of the stick in the end. No more for the Virtual Console either. Oh, and I do buy the real ones, just for clarification. I would like some portable goodness though and my eyes have made it nigh impossible to enjoy a turboexpress anymore.
END OF LINE.

kenomac78

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 09:31:59 AM »
Not since July 2011 has there been a release. But now konami, the new owners, have released games on wii u and 3ds vc! At least in japan , I can't see why they wouldn't continue on psn!

wyndcrosser

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 02:16:33 PM »
Honestly, does it matter? You're basically paying for a ROM, which are already freely out there. Or am I missing something? I paid for Chrono Trigger for the Wii, as I sold my SNES copy awhile back. Now between the cost of the game and the classic trigger, I could have just bought the SNES copy again. IDK, the whole virtual console thing makes me angry. If any of you have a 3DS, look at home much they are charging for "classic" NES and GB titles, which aren't even in 3d... shame...

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 02:37:07 AM »
If you don't see any difference between owning a rom legally and stealing it, we can't help you.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Mzo

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 03:00:21 AM »
I will agree that Nintendo is doing a terrible job with the VC.  The prices are standard for systems across the board, there is no account system, and you have to buy games more than once if you want to play them on a console or a handheld.  Not to mention you have to pay to "upgrade" them to the Wii U as they ever-so-slowly trickle them out a third time.

Absolutely ridiculous service.

kenomac78

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 12:35:11 AM »
One point of hope is that when konami bought Hudson, none of the games got delisted!
I'm praying on the 2 nd Tuesday each month ( usual pce stop day) that they will start putting out more games,

Now hmm. If only they can play on ps4!

IrishNinja

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 09:17:56 PM »
Ever since konami dissolve hudson i doubt it.

i know i'm preaching to the choir here but that alone pushed Konami to the top of my shit list; they're far from the only classic japanese dev to fall from grace, but killing another great in their own incompetence was entirely unforgivable.

I will agree that Nintendo is doing a terrible job with the VC.  The prices are standard for systems across the board, there is no account system, and you have to buy games more than once if you want to play them on a console or a handheld.  Not to mention you have to pay to "upgrade" them to the Wii U as they ever-so-slowly trickle them out a third time.

Absolutely ridiculous service.

couldn't agree more here either; they really built a decent library (my opinion) by the wii's end but starting from scratch, and without any of these needed changes, it just feels like a waste.  also i might be the minority but some extras - online play, achievements etc - might require some work but i'd be perfectly fine with the elevated prices some titles have if they brought any of this, really.  i mean, even simple shit like Gameboy Player color filters for say DK '94 would've been nice.
Cuttin' hangtabs since christmas '86

fernandeath

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 11:12:04 AM »
Konami owns the copyrights for all games released under Hudson brand right?
But what about those released under the Nec brand ? Does Konami own them as well?

Does that mean we all depend Konami's good will to release those games on PSN ?

reson8er

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 03:53:07 AM »
I'm sure you guys know this, but the selection of PCE games on the Japanese PSN is much better though still too small. Aldynes, Gate of Thunder, Lords(Winds) of Thunder, Y's games etc. Playing them on my Vita on the commute to/from work is amazing.

sosoyo180

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 05:34:18 PM »
Thankfully they put Soldier Blade up... I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that i'll probably never own it...  :x

But it was only six bucks, thanks Sony and or Hudson Soft!
12 hard black inches of pure fun, the TurboGrafx 16.