Author Topic: Help identifying failing part - Turbo Express/PC Engine GT  (Read 167 times)

Fidde_se

Help identifying failing part - Turbo Express/PC Engine GT
« on: October 29, 2012, 03:25:39 AM »
Hi, I'v just exchanged all electrolytic capacitors for SMD Tantalum, but this very unit doesn't work as it should after that.
Now I usually have as an hobby repairing Game Gears and their capacitors are way worse then any of NECs consoles,
then usually the surface traces are nearly gone and the electrolytic fluid goes threw the via holes eating up the connection from
Pri and Sec side, so I'v already traced nearly all via holes back to front for connectivity.

I have measured the voltage on the capacitors and heres something a little wrong, there has been a nearly identical thread like this before, acting just the same where the ground was lost somewhere but this isn't it.

Heres the voltages that dont add up.

CC503 0v (-24v on the negative side) positive side connected to ground, I guess this is the way it should be but differs a little from "all caps should have 5v exept one that has 24v"
CC101 0.6v
CC102 0.6v
CC103 2v
CC104 2v
CC703 2v
CC501 7v (this one is a little different as it's not directly connected, but threw a transistor)

The rest has 5v as they should

So anyone what to check next? one failing or halffailing component spliting up from the 5v regulator to nearly all of these?
GW/GB/GBP/GBL/GBC/GBA/GBASP/GBASP2/GBM/DS/DSL/DSiXL/3DS/PM/VB/FC/NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/PS/PSONE/PS2/PS2S/
SMS/SMS2/GG/NOM/MD/MD2/MD3/MD1CD/SS/DC/XB/XB360/NGP/NGPC/NGPC2/WS/WSC/CSW/PCEGT/PCE/PCECG1/PCECG2/
PCECD/TG16TE/NGAGE/GIZ/GP32/GP2XF1/GP2XF2/GP2XWIZ/GP2XCAN/DA320/ST520/ST1040/LNX/LNX2/JAG/PORT/CD32/A500/
C64/CDi/VMU/POCKSTN/PSP/PSPCFW/FDS/VSM