Author Topic: New player in PC-FX town!!  (Read 272 times)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
New player in PC-FX town!!
« on: February 15, 2006, 04:24:28 AM »
A new challenger awaits!

Hey guys I just wanted to throw some info out there that I have finally purchased a PC-FX system!!

I am shopping thru evilbay, finding some games.  So far I picked up sparkling feather and Anime Freak Vol. 4.

My wife picked up the PC-FX for my for Valentines day, talk about a true sweetie!!  The only crummy thing is I have to wait for like 4-8 weeks for it to get here.

So far I have spent close to 200 on my PC-FX collection in its infancy.  The PC-FX was $120, SF-$20, and AF4 was $15.

Really interested in finding some ISO's/Backups if anyone's selling,  it would be a good way to 'rent'/Try out games before I spend some heavy cash on them...(willing to trade Turbo Backups)  

anyway,  thats my spiel.

TurboSage

PS: can't believe it took me this long to get a PCFX, had the Duo since 1993, and have around 120 games for it.

(Aaron you can deleat this email if its found innapropriate)  I know sometimes asking for backups is bad.

Keranu

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 08:02:08 AM »
Welcome to the PC-FX world, mwahahahahaha!  :twisted:  8)  :arrow:
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

GUTS

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 08:28:30 AM »
Get Boundary Gate & Last Imperial Prince.  Those are the two best PCFX games in my opinion.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
so far...
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 09:27:20 AM »
Well so far I got my PCFX, its looking pretty damn MINT.  And I picked up SUPER Power League FX.  Sparkling Feather and Anime Freak 4.

I watched everything I possibly could with Anime Freak4 , I have a 20 month old daughter and she sat thru the whole disk.  She loves it, especially the episode of the anime on it.

The previews of Last Imperial Prince look pretty cool.  That may be the next game I look for.  SPLFX is a really cool baseball game.  I bet the PCFX could have pulled off some sweet grafx in games had they stuck around longer.  At least as good as Saturn and PS1.

Sparkling Feather is really cool too!  I put the battles on auto mode, because I have NO idea how to work the system yet.  I'm about 3 battles into it.  Kind of odd tho, aside from the REALLY GOOD FMV sequences it just feels and looks like a regular Super CD game on my DUO.

I know I should prolly be getting Battle Heat and Team Innocent next, as that is what most people have told me to pick up first.

But I played Battle Heat a few years ago at a convention, and I have to say that it was 'different'... I really dunno, how I felt about it, maybe I need to just pick it up and let it grow on me...

who knows...

Very excited PCFX owner here!!!

TurboSage

LMS

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »
I've got mint copies of team innocent and chip chan kick for sale. Send me a pm if you're interested.