Author Topic: White screen error with Parasol Stars!  (Read 245 times)

Yamazaki

White screen error with Parasol Stars!
« on: February 16, 2006, 09:23:49 AM »
A mint copy of Parasol Stars which I sold seems to have an error. According to the buyer there's only a white screen when he tries to start the game.

any ideas??

nodtveidt

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 09:58:23 AM »
His machine is broken.

Black Tiger

Re: White screen error with Parasol Stars!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 12:24:42 PM »
Quote from: "Yamazaki"
A mint copy of Parasol Stars which I sold seems to have an error. According to the buyer there's only a white screen when he tries to start the game.

any ideas??

If he's using a Supergrafx and its not switched to the correct region you'd get a white screen...

-or any other system that is the wrong region.

I beleive that Parasol Stars is one of those games that both version  similar. Maybe they thought that it was the other version?

When I bought my PCE Cadash locally I didn't realize that it wasn't the U.S. version till I got home.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

PC Gaijin

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 01:11:40 PM »
I assume the buyer's already tried other games to make sure they work and it's not his system? And cleaned his system? I've gotten the white screen on HuCard bootup before when the HuCard or card port was dirty; cleaning both cleared the problem up.

esteban

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 12:46:59 PM »
Quote from: "PC Gaijin"
I assume the buyer's already tried other games to make sure they work and it's not his system? And cleaned his system? I've gotten the white screen on HuCard bootup before when the HuCard or card port was dirty; cleaning both cleared the problem up.
Yes, this has happened to me as well -- a game "freezes" during boot-up.

Yama, I have never had a "broken" HuCard that didn't work (although someone posted here recently about a System Card that seemed corrupted in some manner... but I still have my doubts about that). I highly doubt that the problem is with the HuCard itself, especially if it was in good condition, as you indicated.
  |    |