Author Topic: ACD games... feasible?  (Read 2519 times)

vestcoat

Re: ACD games... feasible?
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2013, 10:56:57 AM »
People keep saying you can get an arcade card for $20.  I have an original TG-16 CD with a super system card, so if I get an Arcade Card I'd need the Pro.  Where can a Pro be bought for $20?
Assuming you have everything needed to run the card in the US system:
You won't unless you get a great deal.  Arcade Card duo - loose is 20 and 30 complete - > pro is around 55-60 loose. Both + shipping - which may have to come form Japan.
Arromdee - Yeah, any quotes for $20 Arcade cards you've seen are probably referring to the Duo, not the Pro.

That said, Swimbz estimates on a loose Pro are rather high: Hit Japan has a CIB Pro for $60 and they usually accept offers for 20% less. Also remember that this is a month-old BIN; wait a few months for the right auction and you can do better, especially loose.

Japangamestock used to have 'em loose for $20, but that was years ago. Still... they might be worth checking once in a while.

turboswimbz

Re: ACD games... feasible?
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2013, 11:53:45 AM »
People keep saying you can get an arcade card for $20.  I have an original TG-16 CD with a super system card, so if I get an Arcade Card I'd need the Pro.  Where can a Pro be bought for $20?
Assuming you have everything needed to run the card in the US system:
You won't unless you get a great deal.  Arcade Card duo - loose is 20 and 30 complete - > pro is around 55-60 loose. Both + shipping - which may have to come form Japan.
Arromdee - Yeah, any quotes for $20 Arcade cards you've seen are probably referring to the Duo, not the Pro.

That said, Swimbz estimates on a loose Pro are rather high: Hit Japan has a CIB Pro for $60 and they usually accept offers for 20% less. Also remember that this is a month-old BIN; wait a few months for the right auction and you can do better, especially loose.

Japangamestock used to have 'em loose for $20, but that was years ago. Still... they might be worth checking once in a while.

My bad: Hitjapan had one up that was a loosey at that price.  I'm then assuming they'd take quite a bit less for a loos one then 40 to 45 ish?  anyone get a pro recently?
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.