Author Topic: Playing with fire? US Duo keeps having sound cut out for days...  (Read 181 times)

DarkKobold

Playing with fire? US Duo keeps having sound cut out for days...
« on: November 24, 2012, 09:13:47 AM »
So, I have a US Duo that clearly needs capping. When I first got it, redbook audio took minutes to warm-up, but it now loads at the game start. Now, when playing, ALL sound will cut out, and this will go on for days... and then sound will mysteriously return.

Now, I'm assuming all sound cutting is not normal, and could be corrosion damage. Am I playing with fire (i.e. more permanent, unfixable damage) by continuing to play? The reason I ask is because A) I'm not looking forward to being without my Duo for weeks. B) I'm really close to finishing Neutopia 2 and Exile: WP, and I'd hate to lose those saves.
Hey, you.

ProfessorProfessorson

Re: Playing with fire? US Duo keeps having sound cut out for days...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 01:32:37 PM »
Longer you let bad caps sit, the more of a chance they have to leak more and do more damage, risking traces be unsolderable.

Game-Tech.US

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:32:42 PM »
Hmmm, I never checked to see if saves were lost or not on the Duo's i've capped, but I assume they could simply be put on to a tennokoe temporarily and then back on to the Duo once the repairs were done and tested.
I'm not sure how backed up the other modders are, but I can have a Duo recapped and tested in a day and sent back to you the next as long as nothing went wrong...
I just capped one last week with a blue LED in a special location, came out great and only took a day to finish.

Keith Courage

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »
85% of the time saves are lost when a recap is performed. I am always suprised when I do a recap and the saves still exist because they really shouldn't be there anymore.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:19:32 AM by Keith Courage »

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 01:06:35 PM »
You could always get a tennokoe bank (if you have a convertor) and back up your save files before getting it capped.
--DragonmasterDan