Author Topic: FT: My modded and boxed Japanese SMS for a loose Mark III w/FM  (Read 288 times)

ApolloBoy

FT: My modded and boxed Japanese SMS for a loose Mark III w/FM
« on: November 29, 2012, 02:48:59 PM »
I've been thinking about downsizing my setup somewhat and I've become interested in replacing my Japanese SMS with a Mark III plus FM unit. My SMS is in good condition and comes with the box and manual, though I hesitate to call it CIB as it doesn't have the RF switch or original AV cable. I also modded the system with S-video and dedicated composite video and audio jacks.

Aside from saving space, the other main reason why I'm interested in trading all this for a Mark III is because I'd like to tinker with the Mark III and see if I can get component video and amplified RGB out of it. I'd like both the Mark III and FM unit to be in good working condition but I will accept a non-working Mark III (with a working FM unit) plus additional cash. I don't need or want any hookups with the Mark III and I would also prefer the original controllers as I'll be including my SMS controllers with my system.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

Frank_fjs

Re: FT: My modded and boxed Japanese SMS for a loose Mark III w/FM
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »
Can't help you out as I only have a JP MS and not a Mark III, but wanted to ask you about this comment:

Aside from saving space...

How does a Mark III and separate FM unit save you space?

The Mark III is damn sexy looking though so I can see why you'd want to switch to it.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 05:14:29 PM »
I've been thinking about downsizing my setup somewhat and I've become interested in replacing my Japanese SMS with a Mark III plus FM unit. My SMS is in good condition and comes with the box and manual, though I hesitate to call it CIB as it doesn't have the RF switch or original AV cable. I also modded the system with S-video and dedicated composite video and audio jacks.

Aside from saving space, the other main reason why I'm interested in trading all this for a Mark III is because I'd like to tinker with the Mark III and see if I can get component video and amplified RGB out of it. I'd like both the Mark III and FM unit to be in good working condition but I will accept a non-working Mark III (with a working FM unit) plus additional cash. I don't need or want any hookups with the Mark III and I would also prefer the original controllers as I'll be including my SMS controllers with my system.

You willing to sell the JP SMS for cash? Been trying to get that model for a while.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 05:29:14 PM »

You willing to sell the JP SMS for cash? Been trying to get that model for a while.

I might be willing to do it but I'd like to immediately replace it with a Mark III so I still prefer a trade at this point.
Can't help you out as I only have a JP MS and not a Mark III, but wanted to ask you about this comment:

Aside from saving space...

How does a Mark III and separate FM unit save you space?

The Mark III is damn sexy looking though so I can see why you'd want to switch to it.

The Mark III is actually significantly smaller than the SMS, I've actually seen one with the FM unit in person before and was amazed at just how tiny the thing is. And I also kinda prefer the look of the Mark III so there's that too.

EDIT: Here's some pics:

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 07:25:12 PM by ApolloBoy »
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

ApolloBoy

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 06:52:39 PM »
Bump a dump.