Author Topic: INSANE question..  (Read 257 times)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
INSANE question..
« on: February 22, 2006, 04:36:15 AM »
Out of curiosity how much free room is inside of the PC-FX.  I bought one, but its going to take a few weeks for it to get here.  I heard that they made it simular to a PC, with the possibility of upgrades and what-not.

The reason I am asking, is- how hard would it be to incorperate backwards compatibility into a PC-FX,  if there was enough 'empty' area, could we insert some PC-engine hardware to mod it?

Just an idea... thats why I label'd this thread INSANE....:)

TurboSage

Sure would be cool!

esteban

INSANE question..
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 08:26:23 AM »
http://nfg.2y.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1305

I don't know how much room there is...
  |    | 

Keranu

INSANE question..
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 08:40:52 AM »
There is kind of a lot of room inside the PC-FX from what I can tell through peepin' through all the expansion ports on mine. Since the PCE board is so small, it might be possible but I wouldn't know.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

KingDrool

Re: INSANE question..
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 10:10:52 AM »
Quote from: "turbo_sage"
The reason I am asking, is- how hard would it be to incorperate backwards compatibility into a PC-FX,  if there was enough 'empty' area, could we insert some PC-engine hardware to mod it?

I don't know, but if you figure it out, let us know!
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Pcenginefx

INSANE question..
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 04:00:02 AM »
I'm sure we could stuff a PCE motherboard in there easily for HuCard support.  As for playing SuperCD games.....good luck :)
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com