Author Topic: Zeroigar and Farland Story FX  (Read 410 times)

Nutribrain

Zeroigar and Farland Story FX
« on: August 10, 2003, 08:14:00 PM »
I'm not sure if this board here is active anymore but I don't know a better place to ask my questions...

1.) Super Godtrooper Zeroigar

I've read in another topic that the FMV sequences often skip. But additionally to that my copy of the game (original) also hangs when I play the first mode (assumedly arcade mode) selectable in the start menu. I can play the first sequence normally but when the stage in finished (flying over clouds), or the first part of level 1 is cleared the picture fades to black and the red LED of the CD-ROM turns off.
I also tried waiting several minutes but nothing happens. All other modes (story,score) plays fine. The CD also has no scratches or any other damages as I can see. Do anyone else has the same problem?

2.) Farland Story FX

There I'm stuck at the 5th level with the "great wall". I killed all people outside the wall. But I can't get inside so to defeat the knight which is hanging around on the castle in the middle. Can anyone help me with that? Would be very nice as I love this game but tried everything to get to this knight. It's the 5th level.

Pcenginefx

Re: Zeroigar and Farland Story FX
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 08:12:00 AM »
Hi Nutribrain,

I can't answer your 2nd question, but as for the first one, that is quite a weird problem.  Since that is an original game, you should have no problem playing it back on your FX.  But let me ask you a few questions to give me a better picture of your problem:

1. How long have you had your FX?  Did you get it used or new?

2. Did you get Zeroigar new?

3. Do other FX games hang?

4. Have you tried to lay your PC-FX sideways and playing the game? Aaron Nanto
Webmaster Pcenginefx.com
www.pcenginefx.com

The ultimate resource for NEC console information!
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Nutribrain

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 09:03:00 PM »
Hello Aaron,
first let thank for reacting on my post!

Now for your questions:

1.) I got my FX 2 months ago and it was used. I got it from a guy I know is collection millions of games and systems. I occasionally buy some stuff from him since one year. The system is just a little bit yellow (sunfaded?). From the ouside I would say it's in good condition and clean.

2.) I also got Zeroigar around christmas last year, even before I even have had my FX. It is used but in very good condition. The package is in great condition. Instruction manual looks like that it isn't used at all and the spine is also included. The CD itself also looks very good, no scratches probably just some minor scratches like you would have on every CD when you get them out of the box.

3.) No other of my other FX games hang. I have about 15 games (My FX User profile will need an update  ) and all work perfect.  But I discovered that the PC Engine Fax Deluxe Vol.3 (I think it's Volume 3) with Zeroigar playable Demo included also cuts the FMV sequences like the original one.

4.) That's a thing that I haven't tried till now. I'll try it next week when I will have time for it. I only heard that first revision PSXs had this kind of problem with the CD lens which could be fixed when laying the PSX upside down.

I hope that these facts could help. I think it's quite strange that Zeroigar is the only game which has this kind of problems. I also own about 150 PCE CD games and none of it has this kind of problems.

Besides this I hope that probably someone also played Farland Story FX and can help me figuring out how to finish the 5th level. I really want to play further. It's a very decent game in my opinion.

Nutribrain

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 07:53:00 AM »
Finally Jacob aka KazeKiriFX helped me out on my problem with Farland Story FX. So just in case anyone gets to this point where I've been and need a helping hand I'll tell you how I finished the 5th level.

First kill all the enemy characters and then head to the village in the north east of the map. Visit the village and then in your next turn go 2 steps to the west. Then a dialog will occur and the hills will disappear.

KazeKiriFX also pointed me to the following webpage: www.geocities.com/suime_s...index.html

It's in japanese but give Systran (www.systransoft.com/) a try and you'll get most translated.

Right now I'm at level 12 and enjoy the game very very much. A big thank you to KazeKiriFX!