Author Topic: new PC-FX owner here :)  (Read 344 times)

Yanami

new PC-FX owner here :)
« on: March 02, 2006, 02:52:19 AM »
Hi there,
i'm a new owner of a boxed "PC-FX" gamestation :)
Got it luckily for little money (~90$)  with one game - "Graduation 2: Neo Generation FX".
It's a very good 32bit system, with lots of potential. Very bad, that NEC has quit this great work...

My question:
where to get new stuff for my pc-fx? can anyone help out?
do you know good shops, sources?
NEC PC-FX rules :)

GUTS

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 08:32:59 AM »
I think www.wolfgames.com has a few left, try there.  Otherwise about the only place to find PCFX games is here sometimes and on ebay of course, they're pretty scarse.

PC Gaijin

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 01:28:32 PM »
I think the guy behind Wolfgames (Matt? I can't remember what his name was) quit. The best place nowadays for FX stuff is Yahoo Japan. There's a ton of FX stuff there compared to eBay and other places on the net. You might have to use a deputy service to buy anything, which will drive up the price along with shipping. Sometimes a good deal will pop up on eBay or here.

An aside, does everyone that gets an FX end up with Graduation? :) I bought my FX new when it was still being produced, so I didn't have to buy Graduation, but it seems like it was such a common game that most people end up with it. I actually got it later as a freebie in a trade, so there's no escape! :P

Yanami

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 06:32:52 PM »
okay, thx for the advice, i'll watch out for new games ;)

Pcenginefx

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 03:57:30 AM »
PC Gaijin, have you used a deputy service with Yahoo Japan before?  Can you point me to one?  I'd be interested to find out more about that.

As for Graduation, I bought mine right when it was released mostly because...well...there was only 3 games available for the system at the time :)
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Nutribrain

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 01:47:47 PM »
I used www.animechaos.com for the last 2 years and are very satisfied with their service. They are easy, fast and reliable. I also used a different one, Akibado, they were slow but reliable and offered MSN auction service.

Yanami

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 09:36:04 AM »
i'll give it a try  :wink:

Keranu

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 11:35:18 AM »
Thanks for the link, Nutribrain; it looks like a great service to use. I bookmarked it incase I find anything on Yahoo! Japan Auctions that I want :D .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

PC Gaijin

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 07:43:11 PM »
Quote from: "Pcenginefx"
PC Gaijin, have you used a deputy service with Yahoo Japan before?  Can you point me to one?  I'd be interested to find out more about that.

I used one several years ago whose name escapes me now. More recently I've used http://www.shoppingmalljapan.com. The services work, but they're expensive. What I meant in my original post about YJ being the best was in selection. A lot of FX games and stuff turns up on YJ while it's pretty rare to see much of anything on eBay. Deputy services have fees on top of fees though, so if you're buying something cheap it might not be worthwhile unless you absolutely can't find it anywhere else. I have managed to find good deals though like games that you rarely see on eBay, or games that sell for more on eBay than YJ. For example, I bought the Tengai Makyou FX game off YJ thru a deputy service for about $65 with all fees and shipping. I think that game runs $80-100 or more on eBay.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
where I shop-
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 09:32:42 AM »
I've always been a fan of these guys-

Reasonable prices too!!

http://www.genkivideogames.com/