Author Topic: Chronturbo Ep4 out  (Read 1415 times)

Phase

Chronturbo Ep4 out
« on: May 20, 2013, 01:49:02 PM »
Just watched Ep 4 last night and figured I'd give a heads up

Dr. Sparkle checks out games in order of their release and talks about them a bit. I like to watch them on the TV and chill on the couch since they are a little long.

Ep 6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ5pnx3hIXA
Ep 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e94AuigbW1w
Ep 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaUwbN8lIq4

here is 1-3
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB9D032EEB771AD9C
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 02:53:08 AM by Phase »

PunkicCyborg

Re: Chronturbo Ep4 out
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 03:19:09 PM »
This is actually a very good review video! This guy really knows his stuff and is not annoying like 99.99% of all game reviewers. Only complaint is the spoilers. He pretty much shows you all of Valis 2 including the final boss fight and ending.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 05:48:43 PM »
37 minutes in Episode 4 and it certainly seems like a decent video. I'll finish watching these, for sure.
  |    | 

Tatsujin

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 01:43:27 AM »
wow, that stuff is great.

he knows a lot to tell even tho there are some lil mistakes here and there, but still very informative and competent.

What he sad about R-Type are 101% my thoughts too. It was such a great conversion for its time, and really brought the arcade almost 1:1 into the own four walls for the first time in console history.

Why is that guy not in here?
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Tatsujin

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 02:14:31 AM »
Wow watch just all that other stuff that guy did. he clearly tries to document every existing game in the whole universe..lol :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

SuperPlay

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 06:15:41 AM »
Thanks for sharing, I have not come across these before :-)

roflmao

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 10:36:03 AM »
Just wanted to give this a bump in case any newcomers missed it. 

I've slowly been working my way through these and finally got to episode 4.  I find it funny that Energy and Wonder Momo were released in chronological order! 

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 11:36:04 AM »
I find it funny that Energy and Wonder Momo were released in chronological order! 
One awesome game after another!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

roflmao

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 12:14:19 PM »
I find it funny that Energy and Wonder Momo were released in chronological order! 
One awesome game after another!

I knew you were going to comment on this. :)

turboswimbz

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 12:16:34 PM »
I like both the games as well.  :-" 

nobody preaches the PCE like punkic
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 12:50:44 PM »
This is actually a very good review video! This guy really knows his stuff and is not annoying like 99.99% of all game reviewers. Only complaint is the spoilers. He pretty much shows you all of Valis 2 including the final boss fight and ending.
In all fairness, these games are 20+ years old.  Is the spoiler rule like murder?  No statue of limitation?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 01:45:43 PM »
In all fairness, these games are 20+ years old.  Is the spoiler rule like murder?  No statue of limitation?
Well I haven't played the game all the way through so it kind of ruined it for me as I enjoy playing games through and seeing the ending as a reward for beating it. I know a lot of people feel the same way. I don't see how the games age makes a difference. Especially for RPGs and games with stories.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 03:07:25 AM »
Well I haven't played the game all the way through so it kind of ruined it for me as I enjoy playing games through and seeing the ending as a reward for beating it. I know a lot of people feel the same way. I don't see how the games age makes a difference. Especially for RPGs and games with stories.
I feel the same way.  You telling me there were spoilers made me cautious when watching the video.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Otaking

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 11:39:33 PM »
Thanks for bringing my attention to the Chronturbo videos, I've watched the first couple and so far they very impressive.
 :D

A Black Falcon

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 12:01:22 PM »
I feel the same way.  You telling me there were spoilers made me cautious when watching the video.
It's not the first episode with spoilers, unfortunately... ep. 3 spoils Dungeon Explorers' ending.  Seriously, he REALLY shouldn't be doing that kind of thing.  Isn't the point showing games to people who probably don't know much about most of them?  Obviously you should not be spoiling any endings!