Author Topic: Lucretia - Demon Princess (鬼姫の呪い in Japan) NOW IN BETA TESTING  (Read 20573 times)

Zero_Gamer

Re: Lucretia - Demon Princess (鬼姫の呪い in Japan) NOW IN BETA TESTING
« Reply #555 on: October 19, 2016, 01:39:47 PM »
The annoying part of Lucretia is this... since it has taken so long to produce the damn thing, my coding ability has increased way beyond what it was when I originally coded it. I have no plans to rewrite it from the ground up to take advantage of my current skill level, but there are some parts I will partially rewrite for performance reasons. A few parts were already rewritten to reflect this, but there are some other parts which could use a shot in the arm... mainly in the sprite allocation routine. While coding stage 3-1 of Henshin Engine, I realized that my round-robin technique for allocating sprites had revealed its weakness so I rewrote the sprite allocation routine to make use of usage checking. The end result was flawless. This technique has to be backported to Lucretia, as the old technique revealed its weakness long ago but I was too busy with other aspects to ever fix it. In Lucretia, the old technique produces specific enemy flaws... a witch that turns into crows in stage 1 and an evil bear that turns into the chess king in stage 2. In Henshin Engine, the old technique created flying skeletons (using the vampire bat state machine). However, some techniques in Lucretia need to be brought to Henshin Engine... stage 00 in Henshin Engine suffers from some slowdown that could easily be corrected by using Lucretia's much more efficient enemy data handler... or improved even further by converting the whole bloody routine to assembly.
Nice Rove. Time for Mysterious Song remastered lol

Black Tiger

« Reply #556 on: October 20, 2016, 04:16:09 AM »
The second pressing of Mysterious Song actually does make use of more efficient programming and has a bug fix or two.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nodtveidt

« Reply #557 on: October 21, 2016, 06:11:35 PM »

We are almost set to roll out the demo for the early supporters. There are still a couple of little issues that need to be addressed before it can go out, but it won't take too much longer.

esteban

« Reply #558 on: October 21, 2016, 06:21:07 PM »

We are almost set to roll out the demo for the early supporters. There are still a couple of little issues that need to be addressed before it can go out, but it won't take too much longer.

The rubber duckies are so elegantly dressed—bravo.

:)
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #559 on: October 21, 2016, 08:48:11 PM »
The second pressing of Mysterious Song actually does make use of more efficient programming and has a bug fix or two.

It does?!  Did I somehow miss this?  My memory must be shot, or I just didn't pay much attention to the 2nd run enough to hear about that.... ](*,)

MrBroadway

« Reply #560 on: October 22, 2016, 01:49:00 AM »
Dumb question, I know, but can I tell whether my copy is pressing one or two?

Rover, I'm probably not alone in preferring a delayed quality product than a rushed mediocre one. If you can continue tweaking it, by all means, that's preferred. Let the haters who self-ban and then peddle nonsense to Dreamcast Junkyard be damned.

nodtveidt

« Reply #561 on: October 22, 2016, 01:57:36 AM »
The second run of MSR was built with my modified version of the assembler which allows me to organize code better. It reduced bank usage considerably, making the game load faster. Additionally, there were numerous cosmetic fixes, and a few critical bugs were corrected.

nodtveidt

« Reply #562 on: October 22, 2016, 02:05:02 AM »
Dumb question, I know, but can I tell whether my copy is pressing one or two?
There are only two ways to tell the difference. The title screen of the game will say 2012 on the original and 2012-14 on the repress. Also, the inner ring of the disc will have different info. I don't have a copy of the first pressing handy but the second one will have 385383 22548-36JY WMG-C0-17442-54309A printed on it.

Rover, I'm probably not alone in preferring a delayed quality product than a rushed mediocre one. If you can continue tweaking it, by all means, that's preferred. Let the haters who self-ban and then peddle nonsense to Dreamcast Junkyard be damned.
Thanks. :D Learning to ignore the haters seems a challenge in sanity but just gotta go with it. We're trying to make this a decent-quality game, and this project has hit many roadblocks and bumps along the way. We're not giving up though.

nodtveidt

« Reply #563 on: October 22, 2016, 06:01:53 AM »

KingDrool

« Reply #564 on: October 22, 2016, 08:14:09 AM »
So awesome.

Incidentally, I don't get why anyone would "hate" on this stuff. Anyone who takes on indie development for my favorite console is a god damned hero in my book. Keep it up, guys!
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Nighttrate

« Reply #565 on: October 22, 2016, 08:53:01 AM »
I agree with the guy above this game look great keep it up

Mathius

« Reply #566 on: October 22, 2016, 11:39:57 AM »
Rove, you just hit me with too much awesome since I checked this thread last night.

...I need to lie down.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

esteban

« Reply #567 on: October 22, 2016, 01:16:47 PM »
Rove, you just hit me with too much awesome since I checked this thread last night.

...I need to lie down.

Don't worry, I have some Quaaludes for you. :)
  |    | 

Mathius

« Reply #568 on: October 22, 2016, 01:32:12 PM »

...I need to lie down.

Don't worry, I have some Quaaludes for you. :)

Thank ya!  :D
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

nodtveidt

« Reply #569 on: October 24, 2016, 04:29:43 PM »
I will be spending this week preparing the early supporter demo build of this game. I don't have a whole ton of time as we are in the middle of another move (hopefully our last one ever) but if all goes according to our diabolical plans, the demo should start shipping out in the wee hours of November (ok not quite literally but you know what I mean).