Author Topic: TG16 CD issues. Any help appreciated!  (Read 189 times)

apachehavok

TG16 CD issues. Any help appreciated!
« on: May 30, 2013, 11:41:21 AM »
Hi all!

I have a US TG 16 with the TG16 cd player diskman looking thing that plugs into it.

Problem I have is this.

When I turn it on, I can never get the disk to spin without actually pushing the last to the out edge of the track it sits on to read the disk.
Once I reboot it with the later pushed all the way out, it plays the game fine for hours.  But, if I turn it off, and back on the disk wont spin unless I move the laser

I opened the thing up and greased all the gears and the laser bar is slides on and that gear that people said goes bad actually has all the teeth and very little discoloration and is in what seems to be good strong shape.

Anyone ever see this or know of a way to fix it?

Thanks!

Keith Courage

Re: TG16 CD issues. Any help appreciated!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 09:47:40 PM »
The motor is either worn out or the middle gear has swollen inside. This happens over time. If you can take the gear off you can use a small drill bit to get the old gunked up lube out of the inside. Then put the gear back on. Problem solved

apachehavok

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 05:26:45 AM »
gotcha.  for the gear, does it just pop out?  Like I can slide it right off right?

If that doesnt work, is there a place I can order a new motor?

Thanks!

Keith Courage

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 03:34:07 PM »
You have to pry off the little black ring that is holding the gear on. Be careful not to loose it.