Author Topic: Interest Check: Boxed Panasonic FS-A1 MSX2 system  (Read 298 times)

ApolloBoy

Interest Check: Boxed Panasonic FS-A1 MSX2 system
« on: June 10, 2013, 06:10:52 PM »
I'm looking to upgrade to an MSX2+ system and I'd like to see what kind of interest I'd get in my boxed FS-A1. It's in really nice working condition, I recently cleaned it out and just today I replaced all the caps. The only flaws with it are that the clamps for the printer port have gone missing, but I doubt anyone would use it with a printer these days. Also, the wires for the real-time clock batteries have been removed so you won't be able to save any BIOS settings (no real loss though). Aside from the box (which is in decent condition) you'll also get the manual, power supply, AV cables and a loose Fantasy Zone cart.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:19:53 PM by ApolloBoy »
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

jeffhlewis

Re: Interest Check: Boxed Panasonic FS-A1 MSX2 system
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 03:33:44 AM »
Message my buddy WaveRing - he just picked up Final Fantasy for the MSX and might be looking for a machine to play it on.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 06:49:55 AM »
Message my buddy WaveRing - he just picked up Final Fantasy for the MSX and might be looking for a machine to play it on.
Final Fantasy is on disk I think, my system wouldn't do him much good since it lacks a floppy drive.
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 07:01:34 AM »

He'd need a NoWind to play it.   It emulates the disk drive VIA USB.

The FS-A1 isn't a bad machine though.  Just needs an FM cart and flash cart to enjoy all the ROMs!
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 01:27:34 PM »
It is a real nice machine, but someone recently offered me a nice Sony MSX2+ machine so I'd really like to see if anyone would be interested in this.

EDIT: Added pics.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:20:13 PM by ApolloBoy »

ApolloBoy

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 07:45:27 AM »
Just sold this a couple of days ago.