Author Topic: Gauging interest for a Neo Geo arcade cab.  (Read 133 times)

Mishran

Gauging interest for a Neo Geo arcade cab.
« on: June 28, 2013, 03:57:32 AM »
Ok... this is, as the topic states, a gauge of interest in my MVS cab. I'm also having to give it up, which is the hardest of it all to part with. I wanted one for years, finally got one and now I gotta give it up. Life is cruel. :(

Anyway, enough of my self pity...

This is it. It isn't a official SNK "Big Red", but it appears to have been converted using an official kit. Inside is an MV-1F board. It's got a 19" monitor and stereo sound. It's in good shape, but could use a little TLC, which I never got around to doing. Here are some of the outside blemishes the cab has.

The little strip above the marquee appears to have broke at some point. I took a piece of scotch tape to hold it together to keep it from coming off the rest of the way.

Above the monitor on the bezel is a spot that looks like something was taped to it. It was removed, tore the bezel and some idiot (not me) tried to cover it up with a red marker. #-o

There is a white mark on the control panel overlay and the button markers look like they were twisted a little somehow.

The overlay had started to peal away at some point and was fixed with packing tape.

The black mask is starting to peal away here.

A little chipping here.

More overlay peeling on the other side.

A decent size chip on the left side of the cab close to the back on the bottom.

Some pics of the inside of the cab.

Back of the monitor. The cardboard cover was hanging off, so I took a zip tie through the two attached to hold the board in place. :-"

The part of the cab that matters most. The MVS is connected to the stereo speakers through the stereo connector.

Power supply board. The +5v took a shit so I had to swap out the switching power supply with a cheap one.

Couple of crack running from the coin door to the outer edges. Doesn't appear to affect the integrity of the panel though.

A little tag attached to the coin door. Originally a Samurai Shodown cab? :)

I live about an hour from Harrisburg, PA and this isn't exactly something I can box up and drop off at the post office. This would basically be for anyone close enough to drive to get it. I haven't decided on a price or anything yet, as I'm waiting to see where my other sale will get me first.

If get no hits here, I'll post it on Craigslist. Thanks for looking!