Author Topic: Burning a few games to pc-fx problems, please help!  (Read 1653 times)

spawn844

Burning a few games to pc-fx problems, please help!
« on: August 25, 2013, 04:23:11 AM »
Hey, I'm new to owning one of these bad boys, i bought for 83$ off of ebay. Was so happy but it did not come with games:( in the near future ill be buying games for this but as of right now money is tight so ill be burning games for this (i hope this discussion is aloud).

Anyways i downloaded 3 of the best games for the system. I bought some CD-R's and burned away but I'm having some trouble...
When i burn Kishin Douji Zenki FX Vajura Fight the gameplay plays 100% fine but the intro or any cut scenes are all laggy, the audio is not right. I skip the intro it goes to another cut scene where a women answers the phone, well the audio of the intro screen is now on the video where its showing the women use the phone so i must skip this as well, game play happens plays 100% good no problems at all fighting them talking to each other, ETC.

I have tried many many burning methods. It seems the only one i got to work was CloneCD and using Deamon tools. I tried every burning speed, i tried another computer all with the exact same results stick on the exact same thing. Its not the iso as i tested it on the emulator and it plays fine and dandy...Im starting to think its the laser or maybe becuase cloneCD was in trial mode and wasn't up to its full compatacy...?

I burned Chip Chan Kick that seemed to burn find everything worked though some glitch ness on some scenes, though these where not fully animated cut scenes so of course it would work (i guess).

Really sorry for the grammer/Spelling errors. I wish i had an original game to test it on to see if its not the laser (which I'm hoping its not). I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, maybe it was CloneCD? as it gave the exact same results no matter what computer...and I'm running out of Cd's...

Any help would be great! thank you everyone.

PunkicCyborg

Re: Burning a few games to pc-fx problems, please help!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 04:27:02 AM »
I had to adjust the pots in mine to get games to play correct. I was having problems with all CDs. Try an audio cd first to check if it's reading at all. Before you go and mess with them though you should get a real game to test with.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

spawn844

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 06:04:57 AM »
Haha truth be told that was the very first thing i did! i put in some legit music cd's to see if it plays anything at all and it plays them find and dandy.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 06:15:20 AM »
On mine first I changed the laser and it only improved things just a little. I was able to play music cds and battle heat but the cut scenes skipped bad. It wasn't till I adjusted the laser pots that everything started working great. I might not have even needed to change the laser. Mine plays cdrs great now too. I just use regular sony cdrs and imgburn. I used my Battle Heat though to get the laser pots right. I wouldn't recommend doing that till you get a game. There's lots of cheap pcfx games you could get to test with.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

spawn844

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 06:18:22 AM »
In the long run ill have lots of pc fx games but for now i just cant really afford them, and im not tech-y at all so opening it up or screwing with the laser is out of the question and honestly im pretty sure i am the only person in my whole city that owns this console, not kidding :P

Aggie Tsubi

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 07:29:42 AM »
PC-FX laser units are pretty finicky, so I too would guess that the burns aren't the problem. And I'd also recommend a legit game. There are quite a few that can be had for extremely cheap, like Battle Heat, Graduation 2, Deep Blue Fleet, Anime Freak Vol. 1, Voice Paradise, etc.

spawn844

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 09:13:10 AM »
Alright i guess ill get battle heat to test the laser

Bernie

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 01:35:14 PM »
spawn, I got your PM.  Unfortunately I no longer have any PC-FX files, including the Pia Carrot translation.  Maybe someone here will step up to the plate with it.  I actually mailed a burned copy to someone here, though I cannot remember who...  Maybe that person can create an image with ImgBurn, and upload it for you.  I really want to say it was tpvette?  I dunno, old brain....

turboswimbz

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 02:37:32 PM »
spawn, I got your PM.  Unfortunately I no longer have any PC-FX files, including the Pia Carrot translation.  Maybe someone here will step up to the plate with it.  I actually mailed a burned copy to someone here, though I cannot remember who...  Maybe that person can create an image with ImgBurn, and upload it for you.  I really want to say it was tpvette?  I dunno, old brain....

I don't know if he got it from you, but I know he has one from the thread. 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

spawn844

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 04:40:26 PM »
Well i got games burned sense last time i pm'd you. Everything is fine and dandy but every cut scene, gameplay is 100% fine its just any cut scene is bad jagging/glitchy so on...

Bardoly

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 04:48:23 PM »
Welcome to Pcenginefx!

I hope that you can get a TurboGrafx/PC Engine as well.  You are welcome to introduce yourself a bit, if you like.

thesteve

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 05:09:48 PM »
most of the FX roms i have found are bad/glitchy on real hardware
as proof i copied a good disk and it played fine
one rom was so bad the only way to burn it was deamon tools mount and copy
the sound/cutsceens never work right on that one

spawn844

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 10:36:50 AM »
That may be exactly my problem! Same deal i mount it with daemon tools and use CloneCD and games give me sound and video issues. What other ways are there to burn a game, and where do you get your roms (that work) if we cant discuss it here can you pm me the site?

tpivette

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 02:20:47 PM »
Yeah, I'm the guy that Bernie helped out with the Pia Carrot burn. Loved that game and couldn't put it down for a little over a month.

PM incoming...
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate