Author Topic: What do you depise AT THIS MOMENT, literally....  (Read 28900 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: What do you depise AT THIS MOMENT, literally....
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 06:09:08 AM »
HATE: I hate doctors who talk your ear off, especially when they share boring, sad anecdotes about pathetic love life! I'll qualify this hatred by saying I wouldn't mind if a cute female doctor engaged in this: Specifically, I hate when goofy male doctors share tepid stories of sad dating life with me to fill-in conversational void.

During a prostate exam, right?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

bob

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 06:17:53 AM »
Yeah, i had this same experience when i found my prostate dr. on match.com too.
So I went to J-date and found a lawyer.  Problem is, person i met on christian mingle made me feel guilty about it.

Nando

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 07:20:31 AM »
Yeah, i had this same experience when i found my prostate dr. on match.com too.
So I went to J-date and found a lawyer.  Problem is, person i met on christian mingle made me feel guilty about it.

HAHAHAH

Ugh totally hate that. *valley girl style

td741

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 08:11:22 AM »
So far the city's new "Smart Card" public transit system... "Presto".

Where to start...
1) You can put money/monthly pass on the card online!  It might take 24 to 48 hours for the funds to become available...  Oh, but that's not all, you need to zap the card on the bus within 30 days after those 24-48 hours in order to actually transfer that cash on the card.  In the mean time, there is NO record of that purchase aside from some e-mails.

2) If you're not using a monthly pass, you need to squint to see the tiny text that says how much is left on the card or how much time you have left on your "transfer".

3) If there is ever a problem and you need a refund, it can take months before you actually get anywhere.  Not to mention they have one of the worst automated phone systems I ever had to navigate.  You can't skip long messages and are forced to listen to these innane long announcements saying to go to the website, set up automatic payments (fat chance!), it can take 24 to 48 hours for payments to go through, etc.  After spending a good 15 minutes navigating somewhere, you can't go back to the previous menu if you make a wrong selection (or heaven forbid want to do something totally INSANE like check your balance *AND* report an issue with said balance)... but you can check your balance twice, I think.  You need to hang up, and spend another 15 minutes.

bob

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 08:26:08 AM »
So far the city's new "Smart Card" public transit system... "Presto".

Where to start...
1) You can put money/monthly pass on the card online!  It might take 24 to 48 hours for the funds to become available...  Oh, but that's not all, you need to zap the card on the bus within 30 days after those 24-48 hours in order to actually transfer that cash on the card.  In the mean time, there is NO record of that purchase aside from some e-mails.

2) If you're not using a monthly pass, you need to squint to see the tiny text that says how much is left on the card or how much time you have left on your "transfer".

3) If there is ever a problem and you need a refund, it can take months before you actually get anywhere.  Not to mention they have one of the worst automated phone systems I ever had to navigate.  You can't skip long messages and are forced to listen to these innane long announcements saying to go to the website, set up automatic payments (fat chance!), it can take 24 to 48 hours for payments to go through, etc.  After spending a good 15 minutes navigating somewhere, you can't go back to the previous menu if you make a wrong selection (or heaven forbid want to do something totally INSANE like check your balance *AND* report an issue with said balance)... but you can check your balance twice, I think.  You need to hang up, and spend another 15 minutes.

It has always been a small dream of mine to work in consumer protection because of shit like this.  Why, when you spend the money are you also forced to do all the work and just "live" with the shitty process.  Dont get me started.

esteban

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 10:00:08 AM »
HATE: I hate doctors who talk your ear off, especially when they share boring, sad anecdotes about pathetic love life! I'll qualify this hatred by saying I wouldn't mind if a cute female doctor engaged in this: Specifically, I hate when goofy male doctors share tepid stories of sad dating life with me to fill-in conversational void.

During a prostate exam, right?

Hahhahahaahaha! Eye doctor (optometrist?)

ANECDOTE THAT BELONGS IN ANOTHER THREAD: I just had a physical. My male doctor, older dude who I really like because he's awesome, asks me, "An intern/medical student/whatever, is working with me to gain practical experience...do you mind if intern joins us?"

Well, I hate going to the doctor because I'm overly-self-conscious and awkward, so of course I give a hearty,  "Sure, no problem." A few minutes later...

CUTE WOMAN ENTERS ROOM WITH DOCTOR.

Long story short: I'm trying not to laugh the entire exam because I'm in boxers and I know the doctor's gonna grab my balls at some point, FULL FRONTAL. It was definitely more fun/exciting with the cute lady in room, but I was definitely no Rico Suave. Nervous laughter.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:02:02 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

tggodfrey

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 10:05:30 AM »
Easy way to break the akwardness is when the doctor does his thing, look at the intern and ask her if she comes here often?  If she doesnt at least chuckle then just imagine bouncing your balls off her cheek.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

munchiaz

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 10:53:13 AM »
Studying for my Cisco ICND1 exam, when i would rather be doing anything else.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 01:17:37 PM »
WILL THESE KIDS EVER GO TO SLEEP SO I CAN PLAY VIDEO GAMES?!?!?!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

FiftyQuid

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 02:02:45 PM »
WILL THESE KIDS EVER GO TO SLEEP SO I CAN PLAY VIDEO GAMES?!?!?!
Where's the LIKE button in here?  This isn't Facebook?

Facebook.  I f*ckin' hate Facebook.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

bob

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 02:17:39 PM »
LIKE.

I'm in the same boat right now. Twins are going OFF with their own language right now. I'm about 10 mins away from Valis 3 blasting through my home to drown them out.

P.S. more Facebook hate right here too. Proud to say I have never been on it.

Tatsujin

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 02:58:20 PM »
That I SUDDENLY have to work tomorrow.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

TheClash603

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 05:45:11 PM »
I hate that I played poker tonight and went all-in versus a guy that had quad 5s.

esteban

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2013, 01:30:11 AM »
8:29 a.m. and I am wondering how ANYONE in the universe can drink this "autumnal pumpkin flavored" coffee that my wife wanted me to buy. I searched the pantry and we don't have any other coffee (whole bean). All we have is this ground pumpkin flavored garbage.

DECISION: I will make goddamned tea instead. Even though my wife told me that tea is horrible (tons of pesticide & company involved in harvesting/storing most tea).

YOU ARE BORED BY THIS SHIT BUT THIS IS PRECISELY WHAT I DESPISE AT THIS MOMENT (8:30).
  |    | 

MrFulci

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2013, 01:45:32 AM »
8:29 a.m. and I am wondering how ANYONE in the universe can drink this "autumnal pumpkin flavored" coffee that my wife wanted me to buy. I searched the pantry and we don't have any other coffee (whole bean). All we have is this ground pumpkin flavored garbage.

DECISION: I will make goddamned tea instead. Even though my wife told me that tea is horrible (tons of pesticide & company involved in harvesting/storing most tea).

YOU ARE BORED BY THIS SHIT BUT THIS IS PRECISELY WHAT I DESPISE AT THIS MOMENT (8:30).

The pumpkin "spice" Hershey stuff is OK (M&Ms, Kisses. I'm not fond of flavored coffee. I prefer it "Normal", as in a smaller cup than most people, and without cream or sugar.

I've never been fond of sweet tastes in coffee or tea.

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".