Author Topic: PC-Engine Duo-R - a few issues  (Read 389 times)

burn_654

Re: PC-Engine Duo-R - a few issues
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 06:48:27 PM »
Glad to hear!

As far as the cd lens, that sounds like the calibration's still off...not that a new laser isn't a bad idea but it might not be necessary. Even with a new laser you'll want to calibrate it. There's a great set of pot adjustment tips by BlueBMW in the Laser Swap & Adjustment guide (http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=8926.0) that should get you started. I'd recommend starting with a pressed music cd with a long run-time/number of tracks and make sure you can get all the audio tracks to play. Skipping between the 1st track on the cd and the last track can make it very apparent if things need more adjustment. (Long delays or problems starting a track, skipping etc.)

I'm very glad you're sticking with fixing it up, the pc-engine will bring you a lot of joy! The trouble is worth it in the end  :)
Quote from: RegalSin
You know for that r-tard who goes like "oh something retro, let me put down my vabagelina, stop drinking my cheeze wine, and get to playing".

wyndcrosser

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 09:57:07 AM »
Thanks for the kind words. Anyone have any idea how to fix cracks well without making it look like crap? I have a crack near the power switch I'd like to fix before it brakes worse.

Thanks

Fidde_se

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 09:35:54 PM »
Bend the crack apart just a little and attach some light running super glue from behind, press the crack together, holding it until it dries, about 10min, if there's any visible glue coming out of the front while your holding it have a paper prepared with alcohol ready, and with a fast wipe just removing it, wipe it from the crack and down so you don't smear any glue out on the rest of the plastic.

After an hour or two, take some hotglue on the backside of it reinforcing it, if the console ever were to be dropped this would probably be the place it'll crack again, but the hotglue might just save the day.

Making this good can nearly make it invisible.
GW/GB/GBP/GBL/GBC/GBA/GBASP/GBASP2/GBM/DS/DSL/DSiXL/3DS/PM/VB/FC/NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/PS/PSONE/PS2/PS2S/
SMS/SMS2/GG/NOM/MD/MD2/MD3/MD1CD/SS/DC/XB/XB360/NGP/NGPC/NGPC2/WS/WSC/CSW/PCEGT/PCE/PCECG1/PCECG2/
PCECD/TG16TE/NGAGE/GIZ/GP32/GP2XF1/GP2XF2/GP2XWIZ/GP2XCAN/DA320/ST520/ST1040/LNX/LNX2/JAG/PORT/CD32/A500/
C64/CDi/VMU/POCKSTN/PSP/PSPCFW/FDS/VSM

wyndcrosser

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 09:45:54 AM »
Bend the crack apart just a little and attach some light running super glue from behind, press the crack together, holding it until it dries, about 10min, if there's any visible glue coming out of the front while your holding it have a paper prepared with alcohol ready, and with a fast wipe just removing it, wipe it from the crack and down so you don't smear any glue out on the rest of the plastic.

After an hour or two, take some hotglue on the backside of it reinforcing it, if the console ever were to be dropped this would probably be the place it'll crack again, but the hotglue might just save the day.

Making this good can nearly make it invisible.

Yea I was looking at using some clamps (reminds me of Futurama "CLAMPS!"). I'll show the end results when I do it. Thanks.