Author Topic: Mysterious Song for the SNES  (Read 1869 times)

nodtveidt

Mysterious Song for the SNES
« on: October 24, 2013, 03:04:47 AM »
Piko Interactive LLC has picked up a license to convert Mysterious Song to the SNES. It will more than likely get a graphical facelift with the tiles and sprites, although I'm not sure how well they will be able to match Paranoia Dragon's audio genius. It'll obviously lose the voices in the cutscenes, but games like Phantasy Star IV managed cutscenes without them so I'm sure it'll be alright regardless. They have talented developers so it'll be a good conversion. They also plan to do versions for mobile and Wii U.

Punch

Re: Mysterious Song for the SNES
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 03:10:12 AM »
What's that wisdom tree logo at the bottom of their page, you sure they're talented? :P

Tatsujin

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 03:20:31 AM »
why want they do such a thing?
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

nodtveidt

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 03:57:58 AM »
They acquired the IP to Super Noah's Ark 3D some time ago and plan on doing a proper physical release of the game. Waste of time IMO, but hey, whatever works for them. :lol:

They obviously know quality OBEYBREW when they see it! :lol:

Xak

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 11:10:13 PM »
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

Tatsujin

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 12:58:30 AM »
They acquired the IP to Super Noah's Ark 3D some time ago and plan on doing a proper physical release of the game. Waste of time IMO, but hey, whatever works for them. :lol:

They obviously know quality OBEYBREW when they see it! :lol:

they obeyously don't know much, else they would buy some obeyware to play it on :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

nodtveidt

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 01:25:14 AM »
they obeyously don't know much, else they would buy some obeyware to play it on :lol:
This is obeyously truth. :D

Bernie

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 02:19:00 AM »
Hmm..  This is interesting.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 02:49:19 PM »
Good luck on that one. Unless its something like Super Road Blaster count me out.

esteban

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 08:29:54 PM »
Piko Interactive LLC has picked up a license to convert Mysterious Song to the SNES. It will more than likely get a graphical facelift with the tiles and sprites, although I'm not sure how well they will be able to match Paranoia Dragon's audio genius. It'll obviously lose the voices in the cutscenes, but games like Phantasy Star IV managed cutscenes without them so I'm sure it'll be alright regardless. They have talented developers so it'll be a good conversion. They also plan to do versions for mobile and Wii U.

Interesting.

I haven't fully explored the ramifications of this development (I'm with Tatsujin, in the initial "shock" and head-scratching phase), but I am ridiculously curious to see how this will proceed.   
  |    | 

GohanX

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 01:22:01 AM »
Hey, the more people that can play this the better. I might pick it up even though I have Obeyed.

esteban

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 04:33:30 AM »
STATUS: I eagerly await adding an "SNES vs. PCE" entry for Mysterious Song on the screenshot comparison page! Ha! I'm not joking. 
  |    | 

nodtveidt

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 10:49:00 AM »
The SNES conversion will probably look better, but it won't sound as good. Also, I wonder if the developers will end up slowing it down by adding flashy special effects, kind of like how the PS1 conversion of FF6 played slower than the SNES original due to the addition of retarded, unneeded transitions.

vestcoat

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 02:03:18 PM »
Did they license the Darkness Ethereal version or the Frozen Utopia version? Regardless of the SNES outcome, it will create a wider audience for the series which should make Rover's MSII a more lucrative venture.

nodtveidt

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 04:35:43 PM »
They licensed the Frozen Utopia version. Honestly... as long as they don't slow it down or wank it up, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it. MS2:ES builds off of the storyline of Chapter I (not off of Chapter X), and it's likely that they will license it at some point as well, if their version of MS1 does well.