Author Topic: Official DoxPhile.com News/Update Spam Zone - OLD CHAT IS BACK  (Read 5872 times)

jeffhlewis

Re: Official DoxPhile.com News/Update Spam Zone
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 04:53:03 AM »
nullity the site is ridiculously awesome, thanks again for putting in all the hard work!  :dance:

Seconded - I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to not only scan magazines but add metadata to them by hand. Keep up the good work, man!

TheClash603

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 05:31:41 AM »
Anyone remember the US releases of  TV Sports Compilation CD, Super Sagaia, Super Star Soldier II, TV Sports Baseball, Lode Runner '92, Star Parody, Sports Festival, F-1 Circus, Double Dragon II, and Ninja Warriors?  Me either!  That's why Turbo Play #12 makes me oh so sad, but there was one letter from a reader that cheered me right up.  Anyone care to guess which one?

Is it too late for me to sue them over page 5 for false advertising?

SuperPlay

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 06:16:01 AM »
Nice work there nullity

Nando

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 04:51:59 AM »
LAMEPRO!!!

besides that, great job on getting these documented. WOW

technozombie

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 09:45:15 AM »
Wow great site, I love reading old gaming magazines. Is it possible to download these in PDF(or some other book format)  for easier browsing on a tablet at work(no internet access there) or is that something you don't want to do?  Thanks again for all the hard work.

Xak

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 10:19:02 AM »
YOU HAVE BROUGHT ME TO NIRVANA!

I remember way back in 2007 when I first read the uploaded scans of that Turbo magazine from this very site. Oh a stroll down memory lane! Thank you! I will be reading tonight, tommorow night is  the Ultimate Fighter and Thrusday is NFL football.
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

jeffhlewis

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 01:26:35 PM »
Glad you guys are enjoying it!  I have a couple of contributors lined up who, between them, should have most 89-94 issues of EGM, GamePro, and Game Fan.  I'm very much looking forward to putting those online!

TechnoZombie:  I do plan to put these up as PDFs before too long.  The list of features I'm working on is pretty big, and the time i have for working on the site is temporarily very limited due to some turmoil in nullityville.  So I can't say when PDFs will be available, but they are right up there in priority with posting the manual scans Bernie and Arjak have so generously provided.

The remnants of my game magazine collection (complete EGM, gamepro, Next Gen and Sega Visions) is down to a couple key early issues - next time I fly back to the east coast I can grab and scan 'em for ya. I know I've got an early Game Players and EGM #2 hanging around, both of which have Turbo coverage.

technozombie

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 02:22:25 PM »

TechnoZombie:  I do plan to put these up as PDFs before too long.  The list of features I'm working on is pretty big, and the time i have for working on the site is temporarily very limited due to some turmoil in nullityville.  So I can't say when PDFs will be available, but they are right up there in priority with posting the manual scans Bernie and Arjak have so generously provided.

Awesome, You're doing the work of a Saint.

Sadler

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 03:07:08 PM »
Wow! Great job scanning these! Lots of good stuff in these mags, SF2 PCE review by EGM, Cotton and Martial Champion in GameFan, ads that I'd drool over. Thanks for getting these online! More to follow! :D

awack

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 08:13:59 PM »
Wow, loved looking at those mag scans, the one thing that stood out the most is what E storm said about the pc engine Batman game(( most people who have played it label  it as their all time favorite batman game.

esteban

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 09:00:16 AM »
Awesome. 
  |    | 

Nando

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 09:38:05 AM »
what a most excellent trip down memory lane.

Punch

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 10:00:38 AM »
Here's a DUO TTI branded Magical Chase advert... I thought it was released only via TZD?
http://DoxPhile.com/?action=magazines&magazine=8&issue=49&page=97

I liked that issue with all those adverts... too bad no one wanted nothing from the DUO, it's obvious that TTI did everything they could to try and popularize the DUO in the US.

esteban

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 10:09:40 AM »
All of these scans are gorgeous.  I know I am a broken record, but I love all the work and effort nullity is putting into this. FRIGGIN' AWESOME. Thank you. 

Here's a DUO TTI branded Magical Chase advert... I thought it was released only via TZD?
http://DoxPhile.com/?action=magazines&magazine=8&issue=49&page=97

I liked that issue with all those adverts... too bad no one wanted nothing from the DUO, it's obvious that TTI did everything they could to try and popularize the DUO in the US.

I actually like that ad. It is not unique, or amazing, conceptually....but it resonates with me. I don't know if it would have resonated much with the folks who read GamePro back in the day, but here in 2014, I think this sad, quaint little ad would get more love.

|    | 

yoyo

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2014, 02:51:24 PM »
Indeed, those scans are fantastic. Effort well-put forth, thank you for sharing!
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.