Author Topic: Official DoxPhile.com News/Update Spam Zone - OLD CHAT IS BACK  (Read 5893 times)

nullity

Official DoxPhile.com News/Update Spam Zone - OLD CHAT IS BACK
« on: November 02, 2013, 09:51:37 AM »
Since I've thus far been sticking to my goal of having fairly regular content updates at DoxPhile, I wanted to make a thread dedicated to informing interested parties of new content/features since the old thread was more of a "look at me, i'm here and giving stuff away" type deal.

To begin the festivities, I present to you Turbo Play #11:
http://DoxPhile.com/?action=magazines&magazine=1&issue=11
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 05:45:16 AM by nullity »

Nando

Re: Official DoxPhile.com News/Update Spam Zone
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 08:58:19 AM »
Holy Flashbacks Batboy!!! Very nice!

Punch

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 03:32:49 PM »
Nullity, your scans are a godsend. Not that I have anything against your site Esteban, but I find DoxPhile much more convenient to use.

Nando

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 01:33:55 AM »
Plenty of room for all in the PCE ecosystem. We all benefit!

Thank you again for making this available.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 04:27:27 AM »
Anyone remember the US releases of  TV Sports Compilation CD, Super Sagaia, Super Star Soldier II, TV Sports Baseball, Lode Runner '92, Star Parody, Sports Festival, F-1 Circus, Double Dragon II, and Ninja Warriors?  Me either!  That's why Turbo Play #12 makes me oh so sad, but there was one letter from a reader that cheered me right up.  Anyone care to guess which one?

The letter about Champions Forever Boxing.  I didn't know about the goofed up copies of this game.  I wonder which versions are messed up and it they are in any way related to the colour used on the hu card.  I have a red copy that I'll try out tonight. 

It's funny that they mention the problem exists with the RF adapter especially since the majority of us used the RF adapter back then as we weren't familiar with alternate hook-ups or our televisions didn't have the option.

TurboExpress Adapters were $40 back in the day?  Sweet Jesus...
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Nando

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 04:31:05 AM »

It's funny that they mention the problem exists with the RF adapter especially since the majority of us used the RF adapter back then as we weren't familiar with alternate hook-ups or our televisions didn't have the option.

TurboExpress Adapters were $40 back in the day?  Sweet Jesus...

I remember getting a "hand me down" TV from my parents, it had AV hookups. Luckily my dad was/is a big techgeek so we went out to get some "proper" hookups soon after. I was an ecstatic teen, everything looked SO MUCH BETTER! lol

RoyVegas

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 06:28:14 AM »
Do you know offhand of any other variants (aside from Ys retail and Ys duo pack-in)?

That depends how deep you want to take it.

Theres the 2 Chamions Forever Boxing red and black variants. As well as a poster that came with some of them (I've only ever seen two of the posters).

Theres actually 3 versions of Ys.  1) Retail 2) Pack in version 1 that says Made in Japan on the disc and has a white case but no back insert. 3) Pack in version 2 that says Made in USA on the disc and has a black case as well as a back insert.

Theres two versions of the Hudsons Game Music CD. 1) Has a front insert 2) Has no front insert.

Insanity has a few versions.  1) CCAG version 2) Preorder version 3) regular release.

Meteor Blaster DX has a few also. 1) CDR first release 2) Signature Edition variant 3) Second printing on a pressed disc.

These are the one's I thought of quickly. If you want pics of any of them for reference you can see them on my photobucket link in my signature.
All is well. :)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 07:44:07 AM »
Dungeon Explorer 2 has two versions: the original retail version and the reprint version with b&w manual.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

FiftyQuid

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 11:50:04 AM »
Someone will correct me, but I believe there is a white variant of Champions Forever Boxing as well.

esteban

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 09:48:56 PM »
Someone will correct me, but I believe there is a white variant of Champions Forever Boxing as well.

Yes, it featured Jack Dempsey, Gene Tunney and other "old-timey" boxers from the 1930's.
  |    | 

FiftyQuid

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 01:46:57 AM »
Yes, it featured Jack Dempsey, Gene Tunney and other "old-timey" boxers from the 1930's.
Yeesh... I walked right into that one.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 02:00:04 AM »
I don't recall hearing of a third version of Champions Forever Boxing.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

turboswimbz

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 02:21:05 AM »
That depends how deep you want to take it.

Very Very Deep sir.  So Deep.  =P~
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

geise

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 03:28:48 AM »

:lol:

Esteban wins by KO!

Do I foresee another installment of Le Turbodoodle?

sirhcman

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 04:46:30 AM »
nullity the site is ridiculously awesome, thanks again for putting in all the hard work!  :dance: