Author Topic: Tennokoe Bank built-inside Duo-R  (Read 336 times)

wyndcrosser

Tennokoe Bank built-inside Duo-R
« on: November 28, 2013, 03:58:16 PM »
So, I find it very annoying that I have to turn off my DUO-R, remove the Bank Card and then turn it back on to accept CD Games... I can't just leave the Tennokoe Bank cart in there.

I don't see anyway around this. So, I thought I would actually wire in the bank card into the system and have a button on the inside of the hu card slot.

Button Off - Play Hucard/Arcade Duo/Cd Games
Button On - Open and run Tennokoe Bank.

I'm thinking of making the Tennokoe Bank Card interchangeable, so there's no direct wiring.

Am I nuts? Or does anyone else find this annoying?

whisper2053

Re: Tennokoe Bank built-inside Duo-R
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 04:15:43 PM »
Interesting idea. Do you already have an idea as to how it would actually be hooked up?

And while it's a minor gripe, it *is* annoying. I wouldn't mind having a similar setup in my own Duo.

Tatsujin

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 04:46:41 PM »
Needs some additional bus switcher.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

SignOfZeta

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 06:27:48 PM »
You'd do this the same way you'd do a region chip.

turbokon

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 12:40:00 AM »
What the hell is a tennokoe bank? I just got one of these as part of some trade. I don't know it's purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 08:25:29 AM »
What the hell is a tennokoe bank? I just got one of these as part of some trade. I don't know it's purpose.

Think the predecessor to the Playstation memory card and you got it except you can't save to it directly. It basically dumps all your Duos saved files onto it. 

wyndcrosser

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 11:14:46 AM »

There's 4 boxes on the cart, it let's you pull the entire contents of your duo-r's memory into one of the banks. What I do is I fill each bank up with certain games, and copy them over to the duo-r when I want to play then and re-back them up at the end.

I use the BRAM editor to make backups of certain games and then mess around with those as well.

Does anyone have an idea for a replacement the hucard slot? I don't like the idea of soldering directly to the tennokoe card.

My fear is having both the bankup and the region mod, it might be a NIGHTMARE of wires.

turbokon

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 12:36:17 PM »
Cool, thank, maybe I'll have use for it.

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 02:43:45 AM »
Could you instead use a save-kun thingy?  I don't have one, but I'm guessing you could leave it plugged in all the time and not have it interfere with any games (except maybe multiplayer), and as a bonus you'd have a lot more save slots to mess around with.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

wyndcrosser

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 11:02:15 AM »
Could you instead use a save-kun thingy?  I don't have one, but I'm guessing you could leave it plugged in all the time and not have it interfere with any games (except maybe multiplayer), and as a bonus you'd have a lot more save slots to mess around with.

I think I know what you're talking about, but apparently from what I read, it only works with games that officially suppor that device. You're talking about the one that has like batteries right?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 02:49:46 AM »
I think I know what you're talking about, but apparently from what I read, it only works with games that officially suppor that device. You're talking about the one that has like batteries right?

Yep.  Only certain games can save directly to the MB128 (or the functionally identical koei save-kun clone), but a few games have utilities built in that let you swap the save files like you do on a Tennokoe Bank huey, essentially giving you a 63 slot Tennokoe Bank and keeping the huey slot open.

Click here for more info.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles