Author Topic: Old Source code  (Read 3960 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Old Source code
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 02:24:57 AM »
Still mess at home and will definitely be doing some indie stuff at some point whether for profit or not.

Homebrew for the Turbo?  :pray:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

TheOldMan

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 02:26:57 AM »
each project was 20 weeks...Just two [people] on each project.
I'm officially impressed. That's a new game roughly every 6 months.... Wow....
I never realized the development timelines were that short. I always figured a project per year...

there were no compilers back then. C wasn't really that big

And all in assembler.  Doubly impressive :)

Wlecome aboard the crazy train. Looking foward to anything you come up with :)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 03:53:41 AM »
Hey, when you're getting paid to sit and do this, it's easier to crank stuff out! :D

Yeah, westwood, are you going to make some turbo stuff again? :D

We've got easier ways to make music now.   Way easier!
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

westwood68

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 03:15:23 AM »
Just as a quick update, I have dug out the disks but cannot get anything to read at the moment. I do suspect however that this is not down to the disks but down the my knackered old 3.5 drive that is creaking away desperately..

I'm going to go to the local parts supplier this weekend to get a new one so hopefully things will go a lot better when I drag that out.

I think I will end up putting the data on a public section of my ftp site as I also have a lot of source code for other old systems to upload as well.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2013, 06:15:09 AM »
sweet.

Thanks for the update!

I was actually going to post to ask about how this was going, so you beat me to it.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2013, 10:07:50 AM »
Just as a quick update, I have dug out the disks but cannot get anything to read at the moment. I do suspect however that this is not down to the disks but down the my knackered old 3.5 drive that is creaking away desperately..

I'm going to go to the local parts supplier this weekend to get a new one so hopefully things will go a lot better when I drag that out.

I think I will end up putting the data on a public section of my ftp site as I also have a lot of source code for other old systems to upload as well.

If you're having issues finding a 3.5" drive, feel free to ask - there's lots of folks around here who could probably lend one.

SuperPlay

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 07:46:42 AM »
Sounds like you are in the UK, if so and you still need a drive send me a PM with you details and  I  will get one out to you as I have a stack of these.

On a side-note:  Were Code Monkeys Ltd. not also involved in GunBoat / Turrican ?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 07:49:57 AM by SuperPlay »

esteban

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 10:28:31 AM »

Comrade thanks for the update and I enjoyed reading your responses to all those questions I bugged you with.

Good luck resurrecting the old floppies/drives.

'Tis the season for resurrection.
  |    | 

westwood68

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2014, 04:06:57 AM »
Hi All, well after much pain (and three broken floppy drives!). I now have the stuff I needed and will talk with the Internet Archive guys to get the source available on-line. If I have no luck I will probably just put them on my own website for the time being.

The two games for the pc engine were indeed Turrican/Gunboat so I have an archive for each. (Not to mention a lot of Gameboy source as well....now which is the best GB dev site I wonder..)

Cheers

esteban

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2014, 10:09:42 AM »

Hi All, well after much pain (and three broken floppy drives!). I now have the stuff I needed and will talk with the Internet Archive guys to get the source available on-line. If I have no luck I will probably just put them on my own website for the time being.

The two games for the pc engine were indeed Turrican/Gunboat so I have an archive for each. (Not to mention a lot of Gameboy source as well....now which is the best GB dev site I wonder..)

Cheers

Splendid.
  |    | 

roflmao

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2014, 05:29:30 PM »
Awesome news!  I'd be happy to mirror the files and I'm sure others here would be willing as well.

Lochlan

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 11:15:42 AM »

What about putting your code onto GitHub?  It would be a nice publicly-accessible backup, not to mention an easy way to clone or fork your code.
I'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

Punch

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2014, 05:00:56 AM »
Where is the code? I would like to see what can be done with it.

lwizardl

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2014, 12:12:31 PM »
Very awesome news here, i just found this thread and would love to look at the source code for the old games! love that stuff.

Also to westwood68 if you need it I have a USB floppy drive I would be willing to load ya to read the disks if your having problems. Just an offer because your trying to help out the fans by giving the source code out it would be the least i could do.

James

bonq

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2014, 04:39:21 AM »
what happened on this? Any update?

westwood68 where are you..?

:pray:

-bonq