Author Topic: "Insanity's Blade" - An indie 16-bit game now in Arcade Mode! Kickstarter-backed  (Read 3119 times)

Punch

Someone ought to port it to the obey engine.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
If Aetherbyte didn't have a dickload of other stuff going on, it would be a thing we could try for.  but there is other stuff afoot.   lol
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

NightWolve

I dunno if I posted this before, but Chris' thoughts for licensing is very generous for a PCE port. Just 10% royalties, so 90% in the PCE developer's favor. Arkhan's team is too busy and I take it with Rover moving to the US, he would also not be interested, so there's nobody else really that could do it (aside from btgarner, but he likes to do his own shit AFAIK).

12/13
Like if he wants to do it I'll let him keep 75% of the profits. The rest just goes to paying my company at that point.

Well I'll talk to him about it tomorrow at some point of you want to introduce him to me.
I'd take it just for being able to play it on real hardware
though I'd prefer it on an NES cart honestly. tg16 is my favorite system.
and a game like that with a bit of color to spruce it up.. would be one of the best games on the system.
it's co-op now by the way
you can play through single player or co-op

hell I might even settle for 10% profits
I can pay pressing cds
and cases, and get all the art done myself obviously

it's a terrible investment but also f*cking cool
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:33:15 AM by NightWolve »

mac

Just played the demo and I love it :)  Of course would love to see a version hit the Duo

NightWolve

FYI, the game is on sale for a total of $2.22 till the 22nd! That's right, it even tempted my cheap bastard inclination enough to buy it on Chris' behalf!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/334190/

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 09:41:57 AM by NightWolve »

esteban

It looks nice. I will definitely get it.
  |    | 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
This is a good game.  I have it.  It's worth owning, and punching stuff.

NightWolve

Well, $2.22 sale price is gone folks. Until next time...

Emerald Rocker

I know this is a necro-bump, but I was just playing Insanity's Blade and it is an actual great game.  That's coming from someone who usually feels disappointed by these "retro homage" indie games.  Feels 16-bit in the best ways, kind of a cross between Shinobi 3 and Dahna (of all things).  You should all buy it if you haven't already.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
I know this is a necro-bump, but I was just playing Insanity's Blade and it is an actual great game.  That's coming from someone who usually feels disappointed by these "retro homage" indie games.  Feels 16-bit in the best ways, kind of a cross between Shinobi 3 and Dahna (of all things).  You should all buy it if you haven't already.

lol

NightWolve

I finally sat down with it a few weeks ago and beat it on normal. I agree, I had a good time with it! :) There are a few things I wanted to mention to Chris to fix, some of which I did, but he mentioned he hates the game engine he chose at the time and would like to redo it all someday if possible. But anyway, it's off my backlog so I'd be ready for his next Battle Princess Madelyn game this year hopefully.