Tech and Homebrew > Turbo/PCE Game/Tool Development

Gate of Thunder Force

(1/4) > >>

malducci:
Gate of Thunder hack.... about 98% done. Music pak for it is also available for download now.

http://www.pcedev.net/hacks.html

Kaminari:
Is the music pack based on the FM soundtrack or the OST?

malducci:
All but 3 tracks are from the OST "Best of ThunderForce" CD that came with the saturn version of Thunder Force V.

I tried to used the guitar/metal sound tracks, but ended up using 1 techno pop arrangement from the CD - track 9 "Feel The Groobe of TFII (powered by 68k remix)".

I reused the first level msuic for the last boss track, with a little alteration.

NightWolve:
Hm, interesting. I'm gonna pm you a candidate release of TurboRip, malducci, as you might wanna formulate some patching instructions around it like, "Take your GOT disc, insert into drive, run TurboRip, pick the drive, etc." I guess I'll try this out since I was testing TurboRip with my 4-1 GOT disc the other day.

EDIT: Oh, btw, I just caught a problem. Your Track 6 is not the correct size. Run TocFixer on your ISO/WAV/CUE file set. TurboRip dumped it at size 3,854,336 bytes. Yours is  3,547,136 bytes; it's 307,200 bytes smaller than what it should be. 307,200 bytes/2048 bytes/sector = 150 sectors. OK, you subtracted too much, an extra 150 apparently. I suspect you used CDRWIN's sector range feature and tried to compute it correctly on your own, yes?

Anyway, I'll get back to you. I'll check to make sure if those last 150 sectors are all zeroes, which hopefully is the case. In the meantime, you can use the TurboRip I sent you to correctly dump a whole new ISO/WAV/CUE set with your original.

EDITx2: Alright, you're fine. Those missing 150 sectors were all zeroes. :) TocFixer or a whole new rip with TurboRip will fix the problem either way.

EDITx3: Winrar reports chunk #5 and #10 is corrupt. I get a CRC failure for files Track No16.mp3 & Track No20.mp3.

EDITx4: Well, I got around the two corrupt tracks and got the game working. I must say, it does feel like a different game. I played it up to the Mine stage. Not bad.

malducci:
Cool, I'll test it out :D

Thanks, I realized that I patched the wrong file(the uncorrected one). I'll get the correct one up tomorrow.

--- Quote ---I suspect you used CDRWIN's sector range feature and tried to compute it correctly on your own, yes?

--- End quote ---

Actually, I used Nero to rip just the separate iso and wav files and then used TocFixer. CDRwin always gave me problems - so I bought a new plextor px-760a drive, but haven't tested it with CDRwin yet. I can bypass that now, if TurboRip works with my drive :D

--- Quote ---Winrar reports chunk #5 and #10 is corrupt. I get a CRC failure for files Track No16.mp3 & Track No20.mp3.
--- End quote ---

I can't figure that out. The rar files 5 & 10 are fine on my system, but when I upload them to the site, there corrupted :x I deleted and re-uploaded them, and there still corrupted. Guess I'll try to zip them instead.

Edit: I think I found two extra stages in the game - probably both incomplete. I can get one of them to load, but it's nothing special. It starts out with the first level boss with asteriods flying over him from the beginning of the level 2 - from there you go straight into level 1, but tiles evenually get messed up.  

The original 7 levels are at 92000h, c2000h, f2000h, 122000h, 152000h, 182000h, 1b2000h with the ending at 212000h. You can actually rearrange the levels too by copying the 30000h bytes other the original.

The second additional level is either at 252800 or 252000, but I can't get it to load. It has the level attributes of "rank", "conitnue", ship sprites, etc, but doesn't have the same starting code as all the others. hmmm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version