Tech and Homebrew > Turbo/PCE Game/Tool Development

Gate of Thunder Force

<< < (2/4) > >>

NightWolve:
OK, the official release for that TurboRip application I was cooking up in my dungeoun just went public. Check this thread:

http://www.pcenginefx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1604

Last minute improvements included adding the Monkey's Audio codec for perfect compressed 1:1 backups you might want to create. It's not just MP3 support anymore.

esteban:

--- Quote from: "malducci" ---Edit: I think I found two extra stages in the game - probably both incomplete. I can get one of them to load, but it's nothing special. It starts out with the first level boss with asteriods flying over him from the beginning of the level 2 - from there you go straight into level 1, but tiles evenually get messed up.  

The original 7 levels are at 92000h, c2000h, f2000h, 122000h, 152000h, 182000h, 1b2000h with the ending at 212000h. You can actually rearrange the levels too by copying the 30000h bytes other the original.

The second additional level is either at 252800 or 252000, but I can't get it to load. It has the level attributes of "rank", "conitnue", ship sprites, etc, but doesn't have the same starting code as all the others. hmmm
--- End quote ---
This is awesome, can you post some pics of the "extra" stage you can load? From your description, it sounds like a "You haven't seen the last of me!" confrontation with a boss. Can you shoot the boss? If so, then it might take a certain amount of damage and then "retreat" to the second stage... kinda like one of the bosses in Soldier Blade...

malducci:
here's a pic of the playable hidden level...

The original first level isn't actually part of the first hidden level(1e2000h) - it's just the boss.

The weird thing is that this level contains a lot of data, but why just a boss? Each level is 192k long which means the loader is probably sitting in the other 64k of ram. The levels are probably just script and graphics. This means the possibility of writing a level editor for the game.

Edit: Maybe this was supposed to be an all boss level - common in other shooters?

kingshriek:
My guess is this "extra" stage was used for debugging purposes during the game's development.

esteban:
Thanks for the pic! Finds like this are fun :)

Perhaps kingshriek is right, and this is a remnant from the debugging process.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version