Author Topic: Any talented programmers...  (Read 716 times)

sunteam_paul

Any talented programmers...
« on: April 22, 2006, 05:32:27 AM »
...interested in a PC Engine related PC Game project? Purely for free, for fun and for love of the machine.

Shoot 'em up by the way.

More information if there is some interest.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

nodtveidt

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 04:12:14 PM »
Depends on the tools you wish to use...I might have some interest. :) If you're going to use a game maker though, sorry...not my cup of tea. :)

FM-77

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 02:18:26 AM »
No Nod, you're busy!!  :wink:

sunteam_paul

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 06:33:32 AM »
To clarify, I'd be looking for a programmer who uses whatever they want to. My involvement would be part planning, part design and part graphics. I will post some images soon to put across my idea.
I just felt in a hole!

sunteam_paul

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 07:30:06 AM »
OK, here's the idea. And at the moment it is nothing more than an idea.
It's a kind of Gate of Thunder Remix. NOT a PC conversion or a PCE compatible game, but a PC game that uses mostly redrawn graphics from the original, with other new graphics, and contains new level designs and attack patterns. While the basic gameplay would remain the same, we could mix and match graphics from various levels along with adding new ideas of our own.
Graphics would be in double the resolution, redrawn to maintain the feel and style of the original game and era. I've been doing some preliminary tests and have posted these below.

I just felt in a hole!

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 12:14:31 PM »
I kind of dig that new graphic scheme you are going for, especially the new ship design. That new ship design is from the cinema, right?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

sunteam_paul

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 05:33:32 AM »
Yeah the 2 ships are scaled down versions from the opening (as that is the easiest way to do it). Everything else would just be 'ressed up' versions of the originals.
I just felt in a hole!

Dark Fact

Re: Any talented programmers...
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 04:34:06 AM »
So what coding language are you guys going to use for this project? C++? C#? Visual Basic? Java?

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

sunteam_paul

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 05:25:59 AM »
There was no project. It was only at the concept stage and would only have got off the ground if a programmer was found so it ain't going to happen.

I am however working on a similar concept at the moment. I'm going to do a lot of graphics work before I throw the net out for programmers, as it's hard to get interest unless you have something concrete to show first.
I just felt in a hole!

Dark Fact

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 08:23:15 AM »
That's too bad. :(  I was really looking forward to seeing what you guys got.

Oh, and for the record, I'm taking C and C++ coding in university.  When I get skilled enough, I'll let you guys know and maybe I can help out with your projects! :wink:

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

elnino

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 04:45:23 AM »
Sounds cool and I'm interested but I just don't have the time atm :(
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 09:39:38 AM »
sorry for the necropost  8-[

I am also studying some programming.  Once I graduate this May I will have some knowledge in C#, JAVA, and VB along with a few others.  Anyway- I do know of a couple peeps in my classes that are far more advanced than I- I could drop a line to those guys to start a project or something- that is, if you are still interested in using your pictures.

TurboSage

sunteam_paul

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 06:20:19 AM »
The concept has kind of shifted a little, but what with the workload of redoing my website, it's unlikely that I'll make any further progress for at least a year.
I just felt in a hole!

OldTurboBastard

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 09:14:51 AM »
if you need a function or sub written here & there i'd be glad to help out. Don't have the time or game coding experience to really dive into the project. Fluent in VB6 or .net, university taught in C++  but i have'nt used it in years... like most programmers, i can probably adapt to whatever language you chose.
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

sunteam_paul

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 05:57:57 AM »
Thanks, but this idea has been chucked back onto the ever growing pile of 'maybe one day'.
I just felt in a hole!