Author Topic: Turbo Everdrive  (Read 1722 times)

SNKNostalgia

Re: Turbo Everdrive
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 03:56:53 PM »
Well it shipped on June 11th. All I have right now is the tracking number for the Ukraine where it is originally shipped. Doesn't seem to give much information due to the language barrier and translating the words tell me nothing.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from there to the new tracking number for Euro/US (Just US from the looks of it)?

Dicer

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2014, 02:07:32 AM »
Well it shipped on June 11th. All I have right now is the tracking number for the Ukraine where it is originally shipped. Doesn't seem to give much information due to the language barrier and translating the words tell me nothing.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from there to the new tracking number for Euro/US (Just US from the looks of it)?
Start camping that mailbox in 2-3 weeks. The post here made me sign for it, so make sure someone is around.

Black Tiger

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 05:37:11 AM »

In the original Turbo Everdrive thread (not these two recent ones), I posted my experience ordering one. I think it took a month to arrive.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »
Well it came in June 27th. I didn't check my mailbox till yesterday afternoon, lol. Not bad for being ordered on June 11th and shipped out on the 13th.

I couldn't be more happy with this thing. This is the first flash cart I have ever bought. So, my hype level is pretty up there right now.  :D

It did take me a little time to get it working. I forgot to unzip the files at first, then unzipped them and the games still wouldn't run. So I reformatted the card in FAT32, put the PCE files in there then switched it to TG-16 mode and it works great. I guess it either wasn't formatted right to begin with and/or it didn't like PC-Engine mode on my region modded US Duo.

Ravij

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2014, 09:02:55 AM »
Hi all - I've not posted on here for 2 years (sad to say I haven't been doing much in PC Engine land  [-X  :pray: )

Anyway I've been thinking about getting a Turbo Everdrive, so when they finally came back in stock last week I ordered one.

I was a bit worried whether it would work ok on my PCE Duo as I had done an RGB mod powered off the 5 volt on the HuCard slot, and I'd heard people were having issues with regions mods....

No worries though, I seems to be working great. I even dug out my old CRT for the complete experience. I've not had some much gaming fun in ages!

I think I'll try and pick up that 3D printed PCB cover soon.

Cheers,

Ravi

Medic_wheat

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2014, 11:04:19 AM »
Hi all - I've not posted on here for 2 years (sad to say I haven't been doing much in PC Engine land  [-X  :pray: )

Anyway I've been thinking about getting a Turbo Everdrive, so when they finally came back in stock last week I ordered one.

I was a bit worried whether it would work ok on my PCE Duo as I had done an RGB mod powered off the 5 volt on the HuCard slot, and I'd heard people were having issues with regions mods....

No worries though, I seems to be working great. I even dug out my old CRT for the complete experience. I've not had some much gaming fun in ages!

I think I'll try and pick up that 3D printed PCB cover soon.

Cheers,

Ravi

Any links to this cover?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2014, 11:11:53 AM »
"Classic Style" http://shpws.me/q6MW
"Super Low Profile Style" http://shpws.me/q6MX

(taken from the maker here)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

NightWolve

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2014, 11:46:14 AM »
Hm, they are back in stock. Good!

http://shop.retrogate.com/Turbo-EverDrive-TURBO-ED.htm

Just a reminder, I'm open for a group buy if there are still 10 of us to buy them at only $60 each.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2014, 12:03:10 PM »

Just a reminder, I'm open for a group buy if there are still 10 of us to buy them at only $60 each.

Me to.

Sadler

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2014, 12:34:24 PM »

I'm still down for a group buy.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »
I'd be in.  However, it says it may not work in a region modded system.  Anyone have a TG-16 region modded by turbokon that can tell me if this will work or not?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

synbiosfan

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2014, 04:56:48 PM »
It works in my Duo-R that turbokon region modded if that's any help. It messes up on switchless region modded systems (GT/TE) I've heard.

Keith Courage

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2014, 10:33:21 PM »
I would also be glad to jump in on that group buy for one.

Whether it will work or not depends on the system and the type of region mod performed. I can say for a fact that both DUO-R and US Turbo grafx systems have no issues using a Turbo Everdrive with both the Circuit and 8PDT based region mods.

However, I have noticed issues here and there with the standard white PC engine and Standard DUO systems no matter which type region mod is performed. Meaning sometimes games will load up with garbled graphics but after reloading said game maybe 4-5 times it usually works just fine.

Maybe someone else can chime in with more info for region mods with those two systems.

I do not own an everdrive but have had people send me one every now and again for testing purposes.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:40:40 PM by Keith Courage »

turbokon

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2014, 02:21:06 AM »

It works in my Duo-R that turbokon region modded if that's any help. It messes up on switchless region modded systems (GT/TE) I've heard.

I never had issues with the everdrive on any region modded TE or duo that I have done. Only have issues on the white pce and a few coregrafx.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

schweaty

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2014, 05:25:48 AM »

It worked on my switchless modded TE.  It wasnt even my Everdrive (I dont actually own one).  It was a fellow board member's that was helping me test out a bad huey.