Author Topic: Almost 1 lifed Zeroigar!!!  (Read 280 times)

jp

Almost 1 lifed Zeroigar!!!
« on: May 04, 2006, 05:37:57 PM »
Argh!!!!!! Man, I tell ya, this game is a true gem. That final boss though is pure hell!!!!

Alright, earlier today I killed the orbs section (somehow). But I only had 1 hit left, and the final form (I hope its the final form) blasted me right off the bat.

Later, I figured out that killing each individual part of the bosses yields LOTS o' points. I went from being level 11 at the final level to being level 13. I almost had the final boss this time too (I switch over to the super powerful green shot throughout the final level... its the only way...) as I had over half of my life going into him and an almost full special attack bar. So I dropped a bomb upon approach since it kills off two orbs and weakens all but one to an easy enough state to finish off.

And wouldn't ya know, the last orb standing was the yellow one. Thats right. Lightning attack. Any time I lined up to take it down, thousands of volts into ye old Zeroigar. Needless to say, the yellow orb wiped me out.

So, advice for anyone going up against the final boss of Zeroigar: Kill the yellow orb first. Yellow and red throw out the hardest to dodge attacks, the rest of them are simple enough.

I have no clue about the final form of the boss though. I didn't survive long enough to witness his attacks. Hopefully he isn't harder than the orbs though, without a bomb those things would be HELL.

Love the game though. Excellent music and the boss fights are pure class. The levels are kinda boring though... except for the mid-boss fights. Especially the "rival" mech, those fights are awesome. Though I hate the final fight against the "rival" mech. Those half-moon shots are hell. If you're having trouble, use the flame thrower when he's about the launch those, as it'll kill any shots it hits and give you more dodging room. And keep in mind:
First attack: Triple laser.
Second attack: Lightning Storm
Third Attack: Lightning Storm followed by triple laser.

jp

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 08:42:19 PM »
So... how does one go about defeating the THIRD form of the final boss?

Need help guys. I really don't want to waste time fighting up to the third form just to figure out how to actually do damage to the bastard.

jp

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 10:35:24 AM »
For future reference:

The whirlwind attack is what you must use to kill the third form.

Geez, its dead around here.  :?

esteban

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 07:50:40 PM »
Quote from: "jp"
Geez, its dead around here.  :?
Sorry :(. I don't have this game... otherwise, I'd love to contribute :).
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 08:39:53 PM »
Same here. I'd love to have it for my PC-FX, but I'm not sure when I will be ready to leap for the game yet.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).